Jamal Carter putting in work

CaneSwag8

Canes fan
I think this guy is ready for a breakout season.

@Datt_Dolla: Broke Sean.T all time Power Clean record yesterday! I'm just trying to be legendary! #EatUp

Advertisement
Carter is ready to breakout. Was my favorite defensive recruit in his class.

Physical freak and gym rat.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yet another reason UM should switch to a 3-3-5 defense this season.

Go Canes

Don't most teams go nickel against spread teams, which seems to be every team nowadays?

That's why this *****ing and moaning about, "we need to be a 4-3 like the classic Canes defenses of JJ," is just plain ignorant.

The game is so much different, when **** near every team rolls out 4 wr's.

Your 3-3-5, with one of the linebackers blitzing, 2 linebackers dropping into zone and the 5 db's in coverage is pretty much what we, and most defenses play when offenses go spread, which seems to be 90% of the time.

I think this guy is ready for a breakout season.

@Datt_Dolla: Broke Sean.T all time Power Clean record yesterday! I'm just trying to be legendary! #EatUp

Anytime a safety can do anything as good as, or better, then the greatest safety ever, is a good thing.

I'm hoping Jamal knocks some people out early so future wr's have that fear going into the game.

I still remember Bennie Blades turning Tim Brown into an alligator.

Need that fear of God factor in our secondary for any receiver crossing over the middle of the field.

Love his spirit…but break his interception record or something on the field before you ever bring up his name in a tweet.

Advertisement
Our safety group is busting at the seams with potential. Whoever rises up is going to earn the **** out of it. Wouldn't be surprised if Carter locks down a spot and never gives it back.

feels **** good to see the safety position be a strength again

Love his spirit…but break his interception record or something on the field before you ever bring up his name in a tweet.

One step at a time.

There was no game today. He did what he could today and did it well.

Glad he is putting in the work and he should be proud of it.

Advertisement
Don't soldinger coached this kid and very high praise for his potential, that's good enough for me.

Advertisement
If the young man did it, he can say what he wants. Not like he is saying he is the greatest safety at UM of all time.

Yet another reason UM should switch to a 3-3-5 defense this season.

Go Canes

Don't most teams go nickel against spread teams, which seems to be every team nowadays?

That's why this ****ing and moaning about, "we need to be a 4-3 like the classic Canes defenses of JJ," is just plain ignorant.

The game is so much different, when **** near every team rolls out 4 wr's.

Your 3-3-5, with one of the linebackers blitzing, 2 linebackers dropping into zone and the 5 db's in coverage is pretty much what we, and most defenses play when offenses go spread, which seems to be 90% of the time.

The 3-3-5 is way more complex then that and it is defense based on pressure not prevent zone coverage. And the blitzs can come from any level of the defense on any play hence the confusion and pycho fronts. Which is why Jamal Carter would thrive is this defense playing closer to the LOS playing the Spur Safety Position on the strong side.

Read the article
http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2013/6/23/4446426/ohio-state-football-introducing-the-3-3-5-stack

Also not many schools run the 3-3-5 scheme which is very different from a traditional nickel package, in the same way LSU's Mustang Package is very different than a normal dime package. Also the 3-3-5 can be very effective against power running teams which is why Charlie Strong developed it into the system schools and pro teams run today.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back