D'Mauri Jones & Jontavious Carter

gbryant

Recruit
Does anyone have any knowledge about the development of these two redshirts? If anybody has heard anything about these guys please share. These are two big bodied WR's something we do not have since streeter left.

Advertisement
I figured one or the other would get a little burn. Judging by tape and attributes, they are the same guy.

Scott is the same size as Carter

He is listed at it but man I just don't buy that. Carter looked massive in those spring videos. Could be wrong, and I know Scott is a pretty big boy but Carter looked like a skinny DE.

Advertisement
He is listed at it but man I just don't buy that. Carter looked massive in those spring videos. Could be wrong, and I know Scott is a pretty big boy but Carter looked like a skinny DE.

Carter is a legit 6'4. Scott is listed at 6'2 i thought.

Both listed at 6'2, 200 and change on more than one site. Jones is the taller of the 3, but he's no Daniel Adderly (I hope)

///I could care less if they were 5'3, just catch the **** ball. Apparently Waters and Lockhart are ahead of both of them as well, so they need to put in some work, not just be tall.

Last edited:
Both listed at 6'2, 200 and change on more than one site. Jones is the taller of the 3, but he's no Daniel Adderly (I hope)

Not saying your wrong but as jhall said carter looked bigger than scott in the spring game. Alot of those sites copy each others height n weight. Regardless, we dont lack in size at the wr position.

Advertisement
They were both pretty green when they came in, and I really wasn't counting on either of them this year...it did seem weird, tough, to take them both since they are basically the same player (like someone else said in here) versus maybe taking a smaller speed guy as a compliment. I guess this is the type of receiver AG is looking for going forward.

Scott is the same size as Carter
Yeah they are the same height. Carter is a bigger kid tho. U got to remember Scott been there for over a year now and carter is just coming out of high school. Carter can easily get to 215 or 220.

To be honest, on film, Jones looked alot more elusive. That could be because he played at a lower level of HS football, but he looked like nice shifty/fast in his film.

Last edited:
Advertisement
JC is the real deal. Nasty streak, athletic and a good hands. Dude will be the next Hank.

Advertisement

///I could care less if they were 5'3, just catch the **** ball. Apparently Waters and Lockhart are ahead of both of them as well, so they need to put in some work, not just be tall.

That's a good seven deep in the coming years. Scott, Waters, Lewis, Lockhart, AJL, Carter, Jones

/I'm assuming Dorsett is three and done if he takes another leap next season

Advertisement
Back