Something I saw from Jamal Carter last night

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Southridge was blitzing him off the edge and he was very disruptive in this role. I think this is something we could see done with him early in his career to get him on the field. I love his physicality as a blitzer and it just shows the versatility he has.

I've seen Southridge play three times this year and he has lined up everywhere on defense. At corner, covering the slot, the lone safety deep, up near the line.

With athletes like him coming in, this defense is a few good defensive linemen away from being special within the next 2 years

Advertisement
I was told by someone that works closely with Larry Bluestein that his favorite 3 players over the last 5-6 years were Teddy B., Duke and Jamal Carter. Pretty good company.

I was told by someone that works closely with Larry Bluestein that his favorite 3 players over the last 5-6 years were Teddy B., Duke and Jamal Carter. Pretty good company.

Yeah that's a good group to be put in for sure. I hope Carter is all that, we need difference makers at S.

Peter Ariz "With athletes like [Carter] coming in, this defense is a few good defensive linemen away from being special within the next 2 years"

Are Bryant and Bostwick those guys? Now that we're starting to see our TFs and RSFs play like Grimble, Pierre, King and Moore, how would you compare Bryant and Bostwick to them? Also, you said the staff was looking Juco as a possibility vs. Bain and Senat. Is that still looking to be the case? ...

Peter Ariz "With athletes like [Carter] coming in, this defense is a few good defensive linemen away from being special within the next 2 years"

Are Bryant and Bostwick those guys? Now that we're starting to see our TFs and RSFs play like Grimble, Pierre, King and Moore, how would you compare Bryant and Bostwick to them? Also, you said the staff was looking Juco as a possibility vs. Bain and Senat. Is that still looking to be the case? ...

Bryant will start next year IMO. Bostwick will play a lot. And yes the staff still plans on bringing in Juco DL

Advertisement

Bryant will start next year IMO. Bostwick will play a lot. And yes the staff still plans on bringing in Juco DL

I'm all up on the Bryant bandwagon (he was the 1 guy I named in the bandwagon thread), and I think he will be great in college. But, he should not be starting next year.

You're underestimating the transition and undervaluing the impact another year of college development (both experience and conditioning) has.

With Pierre, Robinson, Moore, Grimble, Porter returning and a guy like Ivery being in a college program for a year, Bryant would need to have a 3rd year college ready body to start.

He will play as a freshman.

I'm all up on the Bryant bandwagon (he was the 1 guy I named in the bandwagon thread), and I think he will be great in college. But, he should not be starting next year.

You're underestimating the transition and undervaluing the impact another year of college development (both experience and conditioning) has.

With Pierre, Robinson, Moore, Grimble, Porter returning and a guy like Ivery being in a college program for a year, Bryant would need to have a 3rd year college ready body to start.

He will play as a freshman.

Agreed. DT may be the toughest position to make an immediate impact as a freshman.

Bryant would be our best pass rushing DT as a freshman imo, like Tyriq McCord for us at DE this year. He'd be a regular part of the rotation, especially on 3rd downs.

King
Grimble
Moore
Pierre
Robinson
Ivery

Contributing next year.. I definitely want whomever comes in at DT to shirt.

Advertisement

My three favorite players the past 5-6 years are Duke, Duke and M. Lewis.

Advertisement
Back