Just got off the phone with Jamal Carter

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
highlights

-Says Miami shows him the most love and the coaches are coming after him harder than any other school
-Mom and uncle want him to stay close to home
-Says Miami is bringing in 2 safeties in the class and that "he's in a good position because both safeties are seniors so I'll come in with a great opportunity"... read between the lines on that one
-Planning to commit before the end of summer

Full interview coming

Advertisement
Worst kept secret that's he going to end up at Miami.

My only concern with him is can he stay healthy through a whole season.

Worst kept secret that's he going to end up at Miami.

My only concern with him is can he stay healthy through a whole season.

The worst kept secret is that you are concerned about him being healthy.

Seriously though he is going to look great out there with Bush, Howard, and co.

Advertisement
If anyone can project what kind of Safety he'll be from this video, please also send a picture of your wizard hat.

Yep. Really wish he participated in some of these 7-on-7 or camp settings.

One thing that's for sure is that he's a well-built, coordinated athlete with some speed.

Advertisement
highlights

-Says Miami shows him the most love and the coaches are coming after him harder than any other school
-Says Miami is bringing in 2 safeties in the class and that "he's in a good position because both safeties are seniors so I'll come in with a great opportunity"... read between the lines on that one

Full interview coming

Only 2 safeties? That means we start 2013 with Rodgers, Highsmith, Jenkins, Bush, and 2 true FR.

Makes me think that the coaches have decided that Bush and Jenkins will stay at safety, despite talk that Jenkins might play WR or that Bush is wasted at safety. I highly doubt our safety depth chart will go Rodgers, HIghsmith, 2 true FR backing them up, and then walkons. I'd look real hard for a 3rd safety though.

If anyone can project what kind of Safety he'll be from this video, please also send a picture of your wizard hat.

One thing that's for sure is that he's a well-built, coordinated athlete with some speed.

Agreed 100%. Practically no highlights at S in his tape, mostly returns, and no participation in camps has got me kind of concerned. However, he does look like a solid athlete. If only we could be sure that his athleticism would translate to great Safety play... Still, with the glaring need at S, I would still love to have him and Artie on board, and we'll see. We're better off with 2 great athletes with question marks as pure safeties rather than 2 ****poor players...

Advertisement

What I can see is a kid with plus athleticism, good build and very fluid movements. He's definitely agile as you can tell he's got very loose ankles and good cut-back ability. You can tell he also has football speed.

What you can't see is any defensive highlight worth a ****. I'd love to see more situations, such as going from a backpedal, turning his hips and going into a stride-by-stride run with a streaking WR. I'd love to see how much field he can cover going from sideline to sideline.

But, as an athlete, you have to get this kid in your class. I think he could succeed at any number of positions, but if the coaches feel he's best in the secondary, then so be it.

Crawford could play safety also I believe
highlights

Full interview coming

Only 2 safeties? That means we start 2013 with Rodgers, Highsmith, Jenkins, Bush, and 2 true FR.

Makes me think that the coaches have decided that Bush and Jenkins will stay at safety, despite talk that Jenkins might play WR or that Bush is wasted at safety. I highly doubt our safety depth chart will go Rodgers, HIghsmith, 2 true FR backing them up, and then walkons. I'd look real hard for a 3rd safety though.

Advertisement

Agreed 100%. Practically no highlights at S in his tape, mostly returns, and no participation in camps has got me kind of concerned. However, he does look like a solid athlete. If only we could be sure that his athleticism would translate to great Safety play... Still, with the glaring need at S, I would still love to have him and Artie on board, and we'll see. We're better off with 2 great athletes with question marks as pure safeties rather than 2 ****poor players...

I doubt the coaching staff would be going as hard after him if they didn't believe his skill set would translate to good safety play

I agree, and Golden is not looking at what type of player they are now as what type of player they will become 2 yrs down the road

I though the word was that Jenkins is our safety and Bush is working in at both S and CB? With incoming burns and carter that makes 6 safeties on the roster for 2013 which is plenty

while there isn't much tape of him at S spot, he looks like an elite athlete...probably better than Antrel Rolle (but similar). the kid will be a stud at some position (hopefully S)

Advertisement
Back