Patrick Joyner - LB/FSU commit

SFbayCane

All American
Current FSU commit from South Dade; 4 Star rated on ESPN.

Some writer from ESPN has just "crystal balled" him to Miami, 100%. I don't know what that means in real life, other than I found it post worthy. lol

https://247sports.com/college/miami...-Football-Crystal-Ball-Predictions-110800353/

Patrick Joyner

Any thoughts or opinions on this kid?? Im just stoked to see someone saying we're going to take a linebacker or two. Im of the opinion we need to add at least one or two into this class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Joyner and Bonnito. Please Manny. That Miller kid ain't Miami caliber.

Disagree on Miller but would happily take any of the 3

If I may ask on behalf of myself and others like me that can't follow recruiting to a level where we know every recruit by first or nick-name only, please post their first and last name so it will auto-link to their profiles.

Disagree on Miller but would happily take any of the 3

If I may ask on behalf of myself and others like me that can't follow recruiting to a level where we know every recruit by first or nick-name only, please post their first and last name so it will auto-link to their profiles.

James Miller https://247sports.com/Player/James-Miller-89623

[HUDL]/video/3/4798022/59da8b413453c20a3c0c43ef[/HUDL]

Last edited:
I'd almost take Joyner just to send a message in-state at this point. I think he is well worth the offer though and would be a huge asset

Advertisement
Apparently Manny told him he is the only LB we want in this class and if he says no then we may not sign any LB's. Based on that info I doubt Miller ends up with an offer.

I love Joyner and Louis but Miller would make me almost as happy. And he might have the higher ceiling in the long run.

Advertisement
Apparently Manny told him he is the only LB we want in this class and if he says no then we may not sign any LB's. Based on that info I doubt Miller ends up with an offer.

Probably a recruiting tactic. LB is one of those positions that you can't afford to not take at least one in a class.

Do you even have a clue wtf you are talking about?

I'm no recruiting guru but you don't just sign a slow LB just because he hits hard (ie: Jennings from last year). We need to recruit fast agile LBs that can cut through traffic and chase down the bubble (ie: Sean Spence type). This Miller guy ain't it. He is to slow. Want to know why our special team coverage is so bad? Because of slow stiff players like this. If you recruit a LB the WORSE possible scenario should be that if he isn't good enough to play LB then he should at least provide some speed to cover kicks. I'm watching this dude HIGHSCHOOL film and he is the last guy to get down the field on every kickoff. We are beating teams because of our speed and quickness not because we have a bunch of thumpers out there who hit really hard.

It like that D'onofrio/Hurlie brown YT video. Is this guy quick and athletic enough to play LB at Miami? My answer is No. Joyner and Bonnito are much better prospect and we shouldn't be giving up the chase (When they both seem pretty interested) for a plan E or F.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Chosen, stop. You’re the only guy who thinks Miller looks slow.
Again, your analysis on our special teams and just overall fb knowledge is horrible

With Perry down for a long time with a knee we could go after 2.

I don't think i saw 1 play of him in pass coverage. However, kid lives in the backfield. Manny would know how and when to use him.

Advertisement
Back