Robert Burns

cscramon

Recruit
Does any one have any recent info on Robert Burns. Is he practicing 100% with scout team ? Any chance he can get some carries this year ? He is a 4 star recruit. We can use him with Dallas and Gray as backups.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think that, underratedely, RB is a position with more nuisances to pick up than any other position outside of QB.

You can stick a true FR in here and there hoping they break one out of pure athletic ability, but there is a reason coaches trust guys that have been in the system.

Burns is a redshirt guy, and that is fine. He should only play if we are totally depleted by injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Does any one have any recent info on Robert Burns. Is he practicing 100% with scout team ? Any chance he can get some carries this year ? He is a 4 star recruit. We can use him with Dallas and Gray as backups.

What kind of update were you expecting that hasn't been reported already and how did you go from asking to asserting that we
only have 1 RB on roster?

I''ll hang up and listen.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Burns stubbed his left big toe while you guys were posting in this thread?

Advertisement
Give it a rest in Burns, he has enough trouble trying to just walk and stay out of a full body cast.

In all seriousness, unfortunately for the young man who showed so much early promise, I doubt he'll ever play a meaningful down in college football. That doesn't mean he can't or won't contribute as it takes all kinds to make a team. By all accounts, he's a good guy and I wish him well. I would love to see him blow up on the field and get a true account of what all his physical problems have been to this point. His story is one I just don't get, from never seeing the field essentially in high school to getting a ship.

Give it a rest in Burns, he has enough trouble trying to just walk and stay out of a full body cast.

In all seriousness, unfortunately for the young man who showed so much early promise, I doubt he'll ever play a meaningful down in college football. That doesn't mean he can't or won't contribute as it takes all kinds to make a team. By all accounts, he's a good guy and I wish him well. I would love to see him blow up on the field and get a true account of what all his physical problems have been to this point. His story is one I just don't get, from never seeing the field essentially in high school to getting a ship.

You doubt that he'll ever play a meaningful snap of college football based on what exactly? I understand the concern considering Burns injury history but to say he'll never play a meaningful down in college strikes me as just a bit over the top.

Dallas will be the #2 RB and see increased snaps. The coaches have already come out and said this multiple times. They were waiting for Dallas to understand pass pro better. Dallas looks like a RB. He's going to be the 3rd down back for years to come. The guy has wiggle, hands, good and acceleration, and **** good size. He's going to murder LBs trying to cover him on flares and circle routes just like he did last week. Richt is going to try and expose the oversized Vtech LBs with Dallas.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back