Amari Carter

Advertisement
coverage skills look to be very subpar so far..

he is a striker but that's about it

Of the 7 plays he's been in on, two of which were passing downs, I think that is a fair assessment.

Probably need to push him out the door. Not UM material. Those 2 plays were all I needed to see.

Advertisement
coverage skills look to be very subpar so far..

he is a striker but that's about it

Of the 7 plays he's been in on, two of which were passing downs, I think that is a fair assessment.

Probably need to push him out the door. Not UM material. Those 2 plays were all I needed to see.

I didn't get to see the game. Did he hit people? Pain, fear and speed were the 3 magic things about old Cane defense. If this kid can bring pain to the other side, he has great value later in the game.

I think we need to play Carter a LB so we can put him out to cover a TE or bigger WR instead of Charles ******* Perry.

Advertisement
Totally agree... Delaney seems to think he has help over top, but it's never there.

So to compensate, he plays loose man coverage, which allows him to get beat underneath.

theres a major disconnect on Delaney's side with both Johnson and Carter,

One thing I will say about Carter is every single solitary KR this guy is **** near the first or second one to the ball.

That's the one thing I would criticize about Manny Diaz, hes hasn't recruited many coverage guys everybody is hybrids. As much as I like those guys you need dudes who can just flat out lock their man up 1 on 1 we don't have many on our roster. Bandy is probably our best cover guy.

Advertisement
DB issues will be solved with the incoming class, if they can hold on to the kids they have committed, and sign Campbell. They have enough talent back there right now to make do, they're just looking confused most of the time.

Our DB's are lightyears better then big 10 DB's lightyears. JJ & Redwine would be all conference in the big10. Sick of the narrative that we don't have talent back there. We do. Coach em up Manny & Rumph. Earn your keep.

Advertisement
That's the one thing I would criticize about Manny Diaz, hes hasn't recruited many coverage guys everybody is hybrids. As much as I like those guys you need dudes who can just flat out lock their man up 1 on 1 we don't have many on our roster. Bandy is probably our best cover guy.

All he talks about with DBs is tackling. I never hear him mentions how good a guy can cover.

Advertisement
Back