Story on Freshman QB N'Kosi Perry

Advertisement
What I liked hearing was that we're running Option plays...

Whoever the starter is, will have to be able to make plays running the ball to pickup some yards & a couple 1st downs.

It'll be a big help to the run game if opposing Defenses have to game plan for the potential threat of QB runs.

Last edited:

Whoever the starter is, will have to be able to make plays running the ball to pickup some yard & a couple 1st downs.

It'll be a big help to the run game if opposing Defenses have to game plan for potential threat of QB runs.

Pretty sure I remember Rick using that read-option play a little bit at UGA. He even used it with Kaaya, but Kaaya only kept it once or twice all year. I remember seeing Kaaya keep it once and looking like a badly wounded giraffe going for 3 yards and getting down.

Advertisement

Whoever the starter is, will have to be able to make plays running the ball to pickup some yard & a couple 1st downs.

It'll be a big help to the run game if opposing Defenses have to game plan for potential threat of QB runs.

Pretty sure I remember Rick using that read-option play a little bit at UGA. He even used it with Kaaya, but Kaaya only kept it once or twice all year. I remember seeing Kaaya keep it once and looking like a badly wounded giraffe going for 3 yards and getting down.
On one of the possessions we kicked a field goal vs unc this year he could have easily kept the ball and walked into the end zone untouched but instead he gave it to the running back and it got stuffed

Kaaya was either a panicky idiot or just not a very smart player. Take your pick.

Look like perry made a believer out of mcintosh.

“I think he’s a great player,” McIntosh said. “He’s showed me personally that he could be a good part of this team . That’s the one that has stood out to me.”

McIntosh has particularly been impressed with Perry’s footwork in the pocket, an area of emphasis for head coach Mark Richt quarterbacks.

“When we out there throwing the ball or doing team, he’s good with his feet,” McIntosh said. “He can get out of pressure. D-linemen put pressure on him, but he can get out of situations and still complete a pass—that’s what he’s showed me.”

Fall practices are scheduled to begin the first week of August and McIntosh is looking forward to seeing what it will be like for Perry with pads on as he battles to be the starting quarterback.

“He’s going to be a big part of this team,” McIntosh said.

Advertisement
Do we sit him for most of both our first games to not give FSU to much tape on him ( my feeling is we can win both games with either about) or do we play him for the experience time?

Though it is without pads, it's still good to hear that the d-line is rushing him and db's/lb's are blitzing him. That brings more of a game like feel to the 7 on 7's and its getting him acquainted with the speed of major college football.

Advertisement

Whoever the starter is, will have to be able to make plays running the ball to pickup some yards & a couple 1st downs.

It'll be a big help to the run game if opposing Defenses have to game plan for the potential threat of QB runs.

Can't be. He ain't a dual threat QB.

#Sarcasm

Can't be. He ain't a dual threat QB.

#Sarcasm

Pretty telling quote.
The upperclassmen had been hearing positive things, but they didn’t know quite what to expect and in many of their minds, he has been better than expected during 7-on-7 workouts.

“I didn’t know he was tall,” said junior right tackle Tyree St. Louis. “I thought he was kind of like a 6-foot, 6-1 kind of guy. He’s a lot taller than that and he’s faster than what I thought he was going to be. There’s a lot of hype going around about certain quarterbacks and there’s two types of dual-threat quarterbacks, the ones that run whenever they want to and when they have to and he’s kind of both. He can run whenever he wants to and he can run when has to. That’s good for us.”

Do we sit him for most of both our first games to not give FSU to much tape on him ( my feeling is we can win both games with either about) or do we play him for the experience time?

Not sure if you're serious, but obviously you play him.

Advertisement

Brilliant! We should bench all the starters for those games to further confuse them

Clearly not many coaches in here. FSU doesn't have any tape outside of high school footage. Just like you wouldn't run certain plays would you keep him out? Give them even less to prepare with. Concern would be him not having experience.

Clearly not many coaches in here. FSU doesn't have any tape outside of high school footage. Just like you wouldn't run certain plays would you keep him out? Give them even less to prepare with. Concern would be him not having experience.

This is not very bright. Give Perry his first snap on the road against our biggest rival and toughest opponent? Sorry, I cannot sign off on this approach.

Advertisement
Back