Randy Russell decommits -- more info

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Three-star Carol City prospect Randy Russell has decommitted from Miami.

Miami got the sense early this week that Russell was set to decommit after visiting UF last weekend. Russell was communicating to the UM staff during the weekend that he was 'solid' in his commitment, but that tune changed when he returned. He was a player that the Miami defensive staff loved as a box safety and thumper, but a source said that they will not re-recruit and fight to keep him. Russell is expected to land at Florida.

So where does Miami go from here at DB in 2018? Well for one, they are completely content with keeping Josh Jobe and Gurvan Hall as the two safeties in the class. I'm hearing that an offer is set to come Nigel Bethel, Jr.'s way very soon at the cornerback position. He is a prospect that UM desperately wants in the class and Russell's decision now gives them the flexibility to do just that. Again, Miami did not drop Russell at all. Miami is recruiting both Tyson Campbell and Al Blades, Jr. at cornerback as well, with D.J. Ivey already in the fold. Canes commit Gilbert Frierson also has the skill set to play safety if the coaches want.

Advertisement
Advertisement
...and I got an infraction cause I said he wouldn't stick in the thread were he committed. his commitment was just a placeholder for him. he was playing us all along.

Pete, I know it was asked about in the other thread, but does this affect Cam at all?

Advertisement
Pope Hightower, Wiggins and company about to put this kid on roller skates in 2019. You cant thump what you cant line up.

Advertisement
...and I got an infraction cause I said he wouldn't stick in the thread were he committed. his commitment was just a placeholder for him. he was playing us all along.

Boi gtfoh. No 3 star safety is in any position to play us right now.

you gtfoh. i knew from the beginning. i said what I knew. i mentioned on the board and everyone gave me ****. its not a big deal to me. i don't care what his stars are. I just stated something I knew as a fact, 100%. those people who gave me ****...well, their chickens are coming home to roost. everyone close to his family knows mama wants him out of town.

Last edited:

Boi gtfoh. No 3 star safety is in any position to play us right now.

you gtfoh. i knew from the beginning. i said what I knew. i mentioned on the board and everyone gave me ****. its not a big deal to me. i don't care what his stars are. I just stated something I knew as a fact, 100% and people gave me ****.

It had nothing to do with jobe and Hall and Amari carter being much better than him right ?

Advertisement
Best thing to happen!!! all we want and need is jobe and hall .. they are the future ...good luck russel , go play at UF and beat fsu ... its ok

all praise to jobe and hall ... lets go !!

****! I really liked this kid and his aggressive style of play. Sounds like one of those who didn't feel he could compete with the players we have coming in. My understanding is that Nigel Bethel is why the staff wasn't willing to fight to keep Russell.

Advertisement
Back