Lorenzo Lingard

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
Football Recruiting and Basketball Recruiting, Rankings, and News at PrepForce.com

Looking at these highlights and one thing that stands out is that a majority of his runs are between the tackles. Kid is following the hole and not bouncing everything outside like a lot of young backs do, especially with the speed that he has. Kid has some great feet and acceleration as well.

I can see this kid starting as a true freshman with Walton likely leaving for the NFL after the season.

Advertisement
Football Recruiting and Basketball Recruiting, Rankings, and News at PrepForce.com

Looking at these highlights and one thing that stands out is that a majority of his runs are between the tackles. Kid is following the hole and not bouncing everything outside like a lot of young backs do, especially with the speed that he has. Kid has some great feet and acceleration as well.

I can see this kid starting as a true freshman with Walton likely leaving for the NFL after the season.

I'd be amazed if anyone else on the roster gets the majority of the snaps in 18

He will dominate the carries while Homer and Davis sprinkle in a nice chunk combined, I think Walton leaves if he has a good season but I wouldn't close the door on him staying either

I'd be amazed if anyone else on the roster gets the majority of the snaps in 18

I like Homer, but this kid is going to be special. Cam Davis could also get some looks as a Freshman, but Lingard with the speed, balance, power, and vision checks all the boxes you look for in a running back.

Advertisement
But then again I'm all for kids staying that extra year to get their degree, I understand situations like yearby and him having to support, but his NFL future doesn't seem to be glowing so why not at least get your degree instead of fast money that won't last. Some kids really need to start considering life after football and he was severely misguided. Maybe it's time we start paying college athletes a little (IN A CONTROLLED MANNER) so they don't feel so pressured to make rash decisions.

Lingard is uber talented, but don't sleep on Homer. He will have been in his 3rd year in a College training schedule working with and against NFL talent all over the field. If he plays to his abilities, knows his blocking assignments & holds on to the football Homer may play a much larger role of the 18 team than many are thinking.

But then again I'm all for kids staying that extra year to get their degree, I understand situations like yearby and him having to support, but his NFL future doesn't seem to be glowing so why not at least get your degree instead of fast money that won't last. Some kids really need to start considering life after football and he was severely misguided. Maybe it's time we start paying college athletes a little (IN A CONTROLLED MANNER) so they don't feel so pressured to make rash decisions.

Please leave Yearby out of this thread!

Lingard is uber talented, but don't sleep on Homer. He will have been in his 3rd year in a College training schedule working with and against NFL talent all over the field. If he plays to his abilities, knows his blocking assignments & holds on to the football Homer may play a much larger role of the 18 team than many are thinking.

I just haven't seen the vision with Homer. Love what he did on special teams last year and he's clearly fast, but does he have the vision.

Advertisement

Beast!!!

I think a lot of us want to believe that Homer is the goods and that opinion has traction on this board. My gut feeling just judging from the fact that he didn't press for time last year and didn't knock anybody's socks off in the spring is that he's a notch or so below Walton and the two we have coming in next year.

I think a lot of us want to believe that Homer is the goods and that opinion has traction on this board. My gut feeling just judging from the fact that he didn't press for time last year and didn't knock anybody's socks off in the spring is that he's a notch or so below Walton and the two we have coming in next year.

Nope pete and dmoney have said the staff is very high on him multiple times

Advertisement

And I realize they said the main reason he didn't get carries was becuase of pass blocking, but you still would've thought he would get some grabage carries at the end games. Again he has the measurables for a RB, but does he have the vision. Lingard is on a whole different level IMO, kid checks every box.

Homer aint on lingard level.

E

I just haven't seen the vision with Homer. Love what he did on special teams last year and he's clearly fast, but does he have the vision.

I don't understand...you say Homer lacks vision for the running back position based on his special teams play? Not sure how that assessment can be made, especially since he was pretty **** stellar on ST.

Advertisement
Best player will play. No point in worrying about it right now as a fan. Why not just enjoy Mark Walton while we have him?

E

I don't understand...you say Homer lacks vision for the running back position based on his special teams play? Not sure how that assessment can be made, especially since he was pretty **** stellar on ST.

How does special teams play and vision at RB equate?

And I realize they said the main reason he didn't get carries was becuase of pass blocking, but you still would've thought he would get some grabage carries at the end games. Again he has the measurables for a RB, but does he have the vision. Lingard is on a whole different level IMO, kid checks every box.
There weren't that many garbage time opportunities last year. There was no need to upset team chemistry by giving Homer a couple carries over upperclassmen.

You guys are trying to extrapolate too much from him not walking in as a true freshmans and eating up all the backup carries. McGahee looked like a stumblebum as a RS FR. Then he was our best back in history the next year.

Advertisement
Back