Update on Adrian Colbert

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Little bit of a draft update here on our boy Colbert...

Seattle flew him out this morning for a visit at their facility.

Jacksonville is bringing him in within the next few days also.

Denver, Kansas City, and New England also showing interest. His stock is rising after a strong pro day.

Advertisement
When an NFL team uses one of their 30 "in-home meetings" with a player it is a clear sign that he is on their board! I wish him well and many pro-bowls.

Selfishly I don't want him drafted.

I want him in our program ASAP.

But he's gonna ball in the NFL, I have no doubt.

[video]https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ng2eNijOFzcnVLMi95PNhjECbyw=/400x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7716025/mia.0.gif[/video]

Probably our best one-year pickup that I can remember. Not just on the field, but even more in the way he helped off the field. Closing transfers/recruits, representing the program and the university.

This guy really developed a passion for the U in a short period of time.

Advertisement
I don't think he gets drafted personally. Better to be a free agent and pick your team than to be a 6-7 round draft pick to a team with a ton of corners.

I don't think he gets drafted personally. Better to be a free agent and pick your team than to be a 6-7 round draft pick to a team with a ton of corners.

He has a skill set that would benefit from picking his fit.

mia.0.gif

Dude is a Cane through and through, one of my favorites of all-time.

Find me another 1-yr transfer who has not only bought-in and performed well on the field, but done all he can to leave the program in a better place than he found it.

I wish him a healthy dose of NFL paychecks, followed by an illustrious coaching career as a member of the UM staff.

Advertisement
He's better than most cbs who attended the combine. Not that hard to see he has top end talent. I would draft him in the 3rd or 4th easily.

This guy rode the bench in Charlie Strong's "vaunted defense." Then transferred and became a star at CB in Diaz's.

I'm telling yall - Manny Diaz is one of the best college DCs in the game today.

Advertisement
Selfishly I don't want him drafted.

I want him in our program ASAP.

But he's gonna ball in the NFL, I have no doubt.

Selfishly I want him to go in the first round, then be on the all pro team every year and talk about how Miami helped train him up to that and gave him his chance when another school played favorites and put him behind inferior talent. Him balling in the NFL would help with him talking to future recruits far more than him being some grad assistant who never made it.

This guy rode the bench in Charlie Strong's "vaunted defense." Then transferred and became a star at CB in Diaz's.

That's a real head scratcher it. How a supposedly defensive "genius" like Strong would not make use of a talent like Colbert. Really makes you wonder if Strong's not a tad bit overrated.

Advertisement
It's so important that kids make good decisions in the recruiting process.

How many kids like this go to a dead/dying program at the wrong time, for the wrong coach, get totally misused/mismanaged and end up nowhere when they clearly have the physical components that would allow for a potential NFL career?

Texas has been mismanaging physical talents like this for quite a long time now and it's really a shame. Kid comes here and immediately looks the part and contributes - looking like a star athlete at times. Yet, couldn't get on the field at UT for a defense that was absolute trash....

That's a real head scratcher it. How a supposedly defensive "genius" like Strong would not make use of a talent like Colbert. Really makes you wonder if Strong's not a tad bit overrated.

The culture at UT is rotten from the top down. Unearned arrogance that permeates the entire athletic department. Expectation to land all the "5 star" kids and play them regardless of scheme fit while talented kids like this sit (speaking generally, not about Colbert's situation directly).

The culture at UT is rotten from the top down. Unearned arrogance that permeates the entire athletic department. Expectation to land all the "5 star" kids and play them regardless of scheme fit while talented kids like this sit (speaking generally, not about Colbert's situation directly).

I think that's all true, especially during the latter years of Mack Brown

But Strong was managing the program his way. He did pretty much what he wanted in terms of personnel usage. So the onus falls on him.

Dude is a Cane through and through, one of my favorites of all-time.

Find me another 1-yr transfer who has not only bought-in and performed well on the field, but done all he can to leave the program in a better place than he found it.

I wish him a healthy dose of NFL paychecks, followed by an illustrious coaching career as a member of the UM staff.

Not a transfer exactly, but 1 year player, Jimmy Graham, did a lot more for the U than Adrian.

Advertisement
Back