Navaughn Donaldson Under Armour AA game highlights

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_0047.jpg

Miami offensive line commit Navaughn Donaldson played RT and wore #55 for the grey team during Sunday's Under Armour All-American game.

[CIS]19991[/CIS]

Advertisement
I watched all of his snaps from the game and I'm no offensive line expert, but he looked a bit sloppy. Still expect him to start next season (not sure which spot), but he will benefit from coming in the spring and redistributing his weight.

He also had a great week of practice by all reports.

Looks to have incredible feet for a guy his size. Day 1 starter at RT or even LT

Yea Navaughn's not a LT....he's stiff in those highlights

Advertisement
Looks to have incredible feet for a guy his size. Day 1 starter at RT or even LT

What?? The guy was a stone wall and could barely move. Now he was definitely tossing people around but he won't sniff LT. Doesn't mean he isn't going to be an excellent lineman though

Last edited:
I like the pickup but its concerning.

Was hoping he could solve the LT spot. The way he was hyped here you could have sworn he was the next Bryant McKinnie. He in no way can play LT. In fact he looks like KC McDermott. Big but top heavy with limited lateral quickness.

So we lost out on Herbert, Slaton and Telfort in a year when we desperately needed OL.

Massive fail.

Was hoping he could solve the LT spot. The way he was hyped here you could have sworn he was the next Bryant McKinnie. He in no way can play LT. In fact he looks like KC McDermott. Big but top heavy with limited lateral quickness.

So we lost out on Herbert, Slaton and Telfort in a year when we desperately needed OL.

Massive fail.

They really didn't want Telfort at all.

Still alive with Herbert/Slaton

Advertisement
He looked better than 5star uga commit Isaiah Wilson blocking Joshua kaindoh that's for sure. Wilson was getting whipped. Donaldson blocked him a lot better. We all know donaldson is very athletic for his size but now that he is entering a legit college weight program he will reshape his body and he knows he has to do that. He has 9 months until the first game. Will be a multi game starter year one. He has all the tools you look for in an oline. Even with him being his size he is was still able to show good footwork against the lineman at ua week. He was one of the top olineman performers there

Massive fail.

They really didn't want Telfort at all.

Still alive with Herbert/Slaton

Cmon Pete be real they both leaning heavily to Florida...

Said it in a recent thread:

Lots of people continuously saying Donaldson is a plug and play guy at Tackle. I haven't yet seen a ton, but from what I have, don't see it yet. More likely as a RT or RG to start his career.

Advertisement

What?? They guy was a stone wall and could barely move. Now he was definitely tossing people around but he won't sniff LT. Doesn't mean he isn't going to be an excellent lineman though

I remember him getting thoroughly abused by Dematha's elite DEs (Young and Simmons)

People that were anointing him day 1 starter at LT are delusional..

Big athletic guy obviously. Dont like his hand movement or arm extension. We will get that fixed. He looks slow upper body wise. Good footwork. I hope he is coachable. He will be fine if so.

We gonna need to train the players on the team to be better instead of relying on True FR.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
We gonna need to train the players on the team to be better instead of relying on True FR.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I have faith in George Brown with an offseason to gain weight.

I believe even with his weight issue he was the backup LT for LSU wasn't he?

our interior line was terrible this year -- cc mark walton's YPC vs top opponents -- so having donaldson there will still be a big help. from my eyes hillery looks like a more "natural" OT than donaldson, even if he's further away.

LT McDermott Brown T Johnson
LG Darling Gaynor
C Gauthier Linder Milo
RG Donaldson Dykstra
RT St Louis Odogwu Hillery

Still no depth or LT but the lineup looks better than last year

Advertisement
Back