For those who give Robert Burns flack:

Advertisement
I have no inside info whatsoever, but I've wondered if our coaches asked the kid to shut it down.

No comparing burns to fournette at all. If i was a gm I'm definitely taking cook over fournette he seems injury prone.

so you're comparing Burns to Fournette?

Yes. Im not ignorant enough to compare him as a football player stat wise etc but this is the same circumstance.

Fournette showed he is a top line dominant talent when healthy. He got the injury bug but it is obvious his future is in the NFL.

Burns when healthy as a Soph was a top line talent. It was obvious he was D1 material and got the injury bug so they shut him down for his college career.

What am I missing?

Advertisement
No comparing burns to fournette at all. If i was a gm I'm definitely taking cook over fournette he seems injury prone.

big part of that was miles running him into the ground because he doesn't understand the importance of passing the football. cook had 25 or more carries 8 times in his career. fournette had 8 games of 25+ carries last season and they even had a game canceled.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
so you're comparing Burns to Fournette?

Yes. Im not ignorant enough to compare him as a football player stat wise etc but this is the same circumstance.

Fournette showed he is a top line dominant talent when healthy. He got the injury bug but it is obvious his future is in the NFL.

Burns when healthy as a Soph was a top line talent. It was obvious he was D1 material and got the injury bug so they shut him down for his college career.

What am I missing?

common sense and a regular supply of vitamin "D" for starters

Advertisement
Burns didn't even carry the football a dozen times his senior year. But you know who else didn't? Steph Curry.

I think the issue that a lot of us have with Burns is that he really hasn't played much in HS.

I can't remember a Miami RB that had such a small body of work.

There have been loads of big-time RBs from south Florida.

Burns is an unknown quantity. Richt and Brown seem to have a decent eye for what makes a quality RB, but I have no idea what he can do.

Leonard Fournette is having the exact same type of season Burns had this passed year. Skipping their bowl game to make sure his ankle is 100% healed for the NFL.

Leonard Fournette's LSU career is over as he will miss the Citrus Bowl | NOLA.com

big part of that was miles running him into the ground because he doesn't understand the importance of passing the football. cook had 25 or more carries 8 times in his career. fournette had 8 games of 25+ carries last season and they even had a game canceled.
miles oc's didn't seem to be able to develop qb's they tried to pass it was just a fail, lsu needs a real qb to compete in sec again. haven't had one in yrs

Advertisement
Back