Deejay Dallas Senior Highlights

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[HUDL]video/3/2759579/5852c08fdfd8b72650c0a088[/HUDL]

Sometimes we get too caught up in who's coming or not in crootin', we forget to appreciate the guys we know we're getting.

"The Ambassador" Deejay Dallas is going to be one **** of a player for us, either at DB or WR, or both.

Advertisement

Sometimes we get too caught up in who's coming or not in crootin', we forget to appreciate the guys we know we're getting.

"The Ambassador" Deejay Dallas is going to be one **** of a player for us, either at DB or WR, or both.

Great film, great point you make and great kid, BOOM!

@ 4:26, that's some amazing speed & quickness...

He's clocked at a 4.52 40 (which is pretty **** fast), but he actually looks quicker than that on film.

I like him
In the slot better than cb . He needs the ball in his hands

Advertisement
Unless Harley is a silent I don't have time for the games commit now or lose your spot. I would plug deejay in his spot especially if we land dean

The only problem is that he's played QB in HS.

He's like Corn Elder in the sense that it's going to take time to transition him to his new position in college. I don't expect an immediate impact on O or D.

Oh boy! Crazy film. He's bigger than I thought, thick legs, breaks a lot of tackles. He's gonna be a weapon. I wish there were some DB highlights. Seems most of the board wants him at DB. I think you gotta find a way to get the ball in his hands. Put him in the slot, backfield wherever, just get him the **** ball! Gonna be fun to watch whatever the staff decides.

Go Canes!

Richt and Thomas could have some fun with him on offense. moving him around at WR or even some wildcat plays

Advertisement

He's like Corn Elder in the sense that it's going to take time to transition him to his new position in college. I don't expect an immediate impact on O or D.
If you don't see an impact with ball in hands on reverses , screens and quick passes your crazy . He a upgrade on special teams right now.

Which is why he should be playing offense, IMO. Whether he is a QB or not, it's all the same once the ball is in his hands. Just give him certain packages as a freshman and then expand his role as he transitions.

Advertisement

If you don't see an impact with ball in hands on reverses , screens and quick passes your crazy . He a upgrade on special teams right now.

Oh I know you could get the ball in his hands on all sorts of offensive plays - but he's been recruited as a DB (primarily) and that vid doesn't have much footage of him playing that. Obviously he has the physical attributes you're looking for though.

Which is why he should be playing offense, IMO. Whether he is a QB or not, it's all the same once the ball is in his hands. Just give him certain packages as a freshman and then expand his role as he transitions.

At this rate he's going to HAVE to play WR for us with the way that recruitment is going!

Would love for us to use him like Michigan used Woodson

If will accomplish two things in the future . It will draw us more to notch Athletes and give d cord fits. I wouldn't show certain plays until we play fsu to keep them being able to game plan against it .

Advertisement
He only played QB out of necessity. Started last year as a receiver but Glynn Academy was losing so they moved him to QB. He just led them to the state title game against Allatoona, my son's team, where they lost 10-6. DJ was the best player on the field but was limited as a passer. He is as good as advertised.

Dallas is playing WR here, maybe even a hybrid role like Duke plays in the pros. He's electric. Reminds me of Denard Robinson.

We're going to have 6 DBs commit this year (Carter, Gibson, Smith, Dean, Bandy, Edwards) and another 6 or 7 next year. As others write above, we need Deejay with the ball in his hands. Will add another dimension to our offense next season.

True or false: He accounted for 1013 touchdowns?

seriously, 16 minutes of highlights? That's pretty nuts.

Anyone who says he's too slow for CB needs to help me better understand the Corner position. Now, there's a side argument that he may do his best work as a Centerfielder-type FS, but those are DB attributes on display if I've ever seen them. To play Safety in our system, he'd need to be physical and I have no idea if he is or isn't capable of growing into that type.

He may play WR. I don't know. I'd be disappointed if he didn't get an extended look at DB.

Advertisement
Back