Navaughn Donaldson...You make the call

blackvern

All-ACC
Banned
There's no question that Florida State wanted to make sure Miami Central standout offensive lineman and Miami commit Navaughn Donaldson felt right at home during his official visit this weekend. The Seminoles also wanted to make a strong impression on Donaldson's mother, who joined him on the trip.

Donaldson, a major target for the 'Noles, already has a strong bond with the FSU staff, including his main recruiter Tim Brewster and also offensive line coach Rick Trickett.

So how did it go?

"It was really a trip for my mom," Donaldson said. "My mom was really amazed at what she saw on this visit and the type of degree you can have there at FSU. And also she was very comfortable with the players and the campus, stuff like that."

While winning over Donaldson's mother was perhaps most important, the visit was also a chance for him to spend some more time with Trickett. Donaldson has said before that he consider Trickett to be one of the best OL coaches in the country.

"It was really good seeing Coach Trickett. He told me I could come in earn a spot and work hard for it," Donaldson said. "He can teach me things to get me ready for the next level. Coach Trickett is always straight with me in what he wants, and that's the type of coaching I like."

Donaldson added that he had a really good talk with head coach Jimbo Fisher and Trickett after the team celebrated another big victory over the Gators.

So where do the Seminoles stand with the Rivals100 offensive lineman?

"I feel pretty good about them. I can't really say for sure where they stand," Donaldson said. "If I had to say one thing (that stood out), I would have to say being around the players, and the atmosphere. I hung out with Dalvin (Cook) and Fred Jones. I felt comfortable there and being around those guys again and catching up."

Donaldson also came away impressed with the game-day atmosphere at Doak Campbell Stadium and the play of the Seminoles' offensive line.

"The game was amazing," he said. "Fans really came out. It was beautiful. It was pretty crazy. The offensive line did pretty good. There's some mistakes they made, but overall they did very good and got after it."

Donaldson says his next trip will be an official visit to North Carolina.

Advertisement
If that's from Warchant then that's great news because that is practically pessimistic compared to most of their write ups.

There's no question that Florida State wanted to make sure Miami Central standout offensive lineman and Miami commit Navaughn Donaldson felt right at home during his official visit this weekend. The Seminoles also wanted to make a strong impression on Donaldson's mother, who joined him on the trip.

Donaldson, a major target for the 'Noles, already has a strong bond with the FSU staff, including his main recruiter Tim Brewster and also offensive line coach Rick Trickett.

So how did it go?

"It was really a trip for my mom," Donaldson said. "My mom was really amazed at what she saw on this visit and the type of degree you can have there at FSU. And also she was very comfortable with the players and the campus, stuff like that."

While winning over Donaldson's mother was perhaps most important, the visit was also a chance for him to spend some more time with Trickett. Donaldson has said before that he consider Trickett to be one of the best OL coaches in the country.

"It was really good seeing Coach Trickett. He told me I could come in earn a spot and work hard for it," Donaldson said. "He can teach me things to get me ready for the next level. Coach Trickett is always straight with me in what he wants, and that's the type of coaching I like."

Donaldson added that he had a really good talk with head coach Jimbo Fisher and Trickett after the team celebrated another big victory over the Gators.

"I feel pretty good about them. I can't really say for sure where they stand," Donaldson said. "If I had to say one thing (that stood out), I would have to say being around the players, and the atmosphere. I hung out with Dalvin (Cook) and Fred Jones. I felt comfortable there and being around those guys again and catching up."

Donaldson also came away impressed with the game-day atmosphere at Doak Campbell Stadium and the play of the Seminoles' offensive line.

"The game was amazing," he said. "Fans really came out. It was beautiful. It was pretty crazy. The offensive line did pretty good. There's some mistakes they made, but overall they did very good and got after it."

RElLvnghz5T7a.gif

Think Donaldson is in an evaluation period right now before solidifying with Miami. This will be a battle as he's not a sure thing to be coming to Miami.

But LOL at Trickett at being one of the best O-line coaches in the country. That unit has underperformed significantly this season.

So how did it go?

RElLvnghz5T7a.gif

That was the same thing I came away with as well.

Advertisement
Nothing new in there really. We got last visit we'll play our cards and lock this **** up

My knowledge of this guy and his recruitment is solely based on these boards, but I don't see anything here that makes me think a flip is imminent. Keep in mind that this is (presumably) a pro-FSU site, so having a few nice things to say about his trip is hardly surprising.

Yea, I was worried that would be much worse. Agree that a flip definitely doesn't appear imminent.

Advertisement

So how did it go?

RElLvnghz5T7a.gif

Yeah. About that...

IMG_20161128_001945.jpg

Advertisement

So how did it go?

RElLvnghz5T7a.gif

Yeah. About that...

View attachment 40274

Too easy...

That education thing was funny. Fsu is the worst rated of all the big fl football schools. Dead last, unbelievable comment.

Advertisement
Think Donaldson is in an evaluation period right now before solidifying with Miami. This will be a battle as he's not a sure thing to be coming to Miami.

But LOL at Trickett at being one of the best O-line coaches in the country. That unit has underperformed significantly this season.

I watch that team and see their o-line as being light-years ahead of ours. They're technically sound and pave the way for Cook, who runs through wide open holes all day.

I watch that team and see their o-line as being light-years ahead of ours. They're technically sound and pave the way for Cook, who runs through wide open holes all day.
Coming into Saturday's game they were tied at #117 in the nation in sacks given up. Looks, in this case, are apparently deceiving

That interview sounded like Leatherwoods after the Paradise Camp. Lol. Yeah...mark this down as a win! **** it was silly putting him around Cook. Won't even be around while he is there.

Advertisement
Back