Gurvan Hall (2018)

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Not too many people are talking about this kid, but I would not be surprised if he ends up as the top DB to come out of this stacked 2018 class. [MENTION=8971]Geo305[/MENTION] and I have been following his junior year and he keeps making strides.

Very unique athlete out of Palm Beach Lakes. Canes have offered and are all over him.

[PLAYER]888[/PLAYER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] I heard he got a little bigger and could possibly be a LB at the college level when it's all said and done. The kid's a great athlete

[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] I heard he got a little bigger and could possibly be a LB at the college level when it's all said and done. The kid's a great athlete

I love moving kids forward. It is old school JJ Canes. Get the speed closer to LOS and let it reek havoc.

Not too many people are talking about this kid, but I would not be surprised if he ends up as the top DB to come out of this stacked 2018 class. [MENTION=8971]Geo305[/MENTION] and I have been following his junior year and he keeps making strides.

Very unique athlete out of Palm Beach Lakes. Canes have offered and are all over him.

I had never heard of him, but WOW that is quite the statement considering how loaded the 2018 class is at DB. Gotta look into him

Yes [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] is correct. We have both been raving about this kid for a little while. Have brought him up in a couple threads already when people discuss the abundance that is 2018 DB's in the state.

I have to find his track times again but Gurvan competes in the hurdles and he's pretty good.

Advertisement
Gurvan is a big fan of Sean Taylor as well as Miami. His coach is also former Cane Al Shipman.

He'll be playing Dwyer tonight.

Gurvan is a big fan of Sean Taylor as well as Miami. His coach is also former Cane Al Shipman.

zo .jpg

vs. Wellington - [HUDL]video/3/6311541/57b9a5d6f617091edc64c534[/HUDL]

vs. Lake Worth - [HUDL]video/3/6311541/57c18065da511469b4b7351c[/HUDL]

vs. Glades Central [HUDL]video/3/6311541/57cc6e480aff7a12ac24c164[/HUDL]

This wasn't in the HUDL for some reason, but here is his game winning TD catch vs. Lake Worth two weeks ago.

[TWEET]769336467923558400[/TWEET]

Advertisement
Some snippets from Twitter from myself and others.

[TWEET]770673980193857536[/TWEET]

[TWEET]776387293187833856[/TWEET]

[TWEET]771918712530210816[/TWEET]

[TWEET]771875659673198592[/TWEET]

[TWEET]766840881097867264[/TWEET]

[TWEET]770220776054198272[/TWEET]

[TWEET]776421371261906944[/TWEET]

For anyone wondering. The staff likes him A LOT. He blew them away at Paradise Camp, that's when he got his offer.

For me, he checks all the boxes. Height, length, speed, athleticism & most of all explosiveness. His closing speed is a beauty to watch. Reminds me a bit of former Cane Great Darryl Williams.

You can tell he's still a little raw but he has all the tools to be great.

Gurvan posted 6 interceptions last season as a sophomore.

His ability on returns is just a bonus.

View attachment 38603

Can somebody reach out to Al for me and tell me whats up with his older sister Paula Shipman for me? She was so dam fine maybe she gained a lil weght and lost a lil confidence and i have a chance at her now

Advertisement
For anyone wondering. The staff likes him A LOT. He blew them away at Paradise Camp, that's when he got his offer.

For me, he checks all the boxes. Height, length, speed, athleticism & most of all explosiveness. His closing speed is a beauty to watch. Reminds me a bit of former Cane Great Darryl Williams.

Do you see him being a LB at the next level?

2018 is loaded! It's going to be crazy to think about some of the kids we aren't going to have room for when it is all said and done.

Do you see him being a LB at the next level?

Safety IMO, I think he's smooth enough to even play corner if we need him too. Kid is just a great athlete, hasn't even come close to scraping his potential.

As for safeties to linebackers. I like the 2018 Safety from Dwyer that we offered, Cameron Jonas. They're pursuing him as a LB.

I like Nadab Joseph in 2018 a lot at safety too, but his frame and length is very intriguing as a LB down the line if weight can hold up. I think he's a Safety as of now though.

The other one I would keep an eye on as a potential convert from S to LB. Cajuan CJ Smith 2018 safety from Oxbridge. Big 6'3"-6'4" 190-195 kid. He moves very well for his size and possesses great ability to always be in position to make a break on the ball (7 INTS last year). My only concern with him would be his size at the next level as a safety, not many guys like him running around at safety cause they outgrow the position.

As for 2017 and what we have currently.....

I think Romeo Finley could see a move down to LB in near future. Billy Gibson Jr. in 2017 is another interesting one, considering how superb he is in the box but falls in same boat as Nadab Joseph. Would he be able to have that weight on him without losing ability, would remain to be seen? Billy practically plays like another LB for southridge but don't underrate his cover ability, he can actually drop back.

Amari Carter looks like a safety all the way though.

All of these guys are Miami caliber. I expect Joseph and Smith to get their offers fairly soon.

Advertisement
2018 is loaded! It's going to be crazy to think about some of the kids we aren't going to have room for when it is all said and done.

Yes, me [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] have talked about this.

There is some guys in 2018 at DB that would be takes in other years, that would be plan B's in 2018.

Miami needs to land the best of the best at DB, because a lot of good ones that we can't take, will get away.

Yes, me [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] have talked about this.

There is some guys in 2018 at DB that would be takes in other years, that would be plan B's in 2018.

Miami needs to land the best of the best at DB, because a lot of good ones that we can't take, will get away.

can you rank, in order, the 2018 DBs according to you?

Advertisement
Back