MOVE JAMAL CARTER TO LB

juicy

Redshirt Freshman
Carter attacks the run and is a sure tackler whenever he's near the ball. His ball skills aren't the best so I don't see why we don't move him down in the box. Also one of the strongest kids on the team, kid could hold his own down there. This also opens up at spot for Jaquan at safety.

Advertisement
How about we just play a 4-2-5? Then we can have jaquan, rayshawn, and Carter all on the field. Our linebackers would also be great once Owens returns: Shaq and McCloud backed up by Pinckney and Owens.

Carter attacks the run and is a sure tackler whenever he's near the ball. His ball skills aren't the best so I don't see why we don't move him down in the box. Also one of the strongest kids on the team, kid could hold his own down there. This also opens up at spot for Jaquan at safety.

Without Jaquan as the NB/third safety, who is going to come in for him and Rayshawn when they get banged up or tired?

that-is-not-going-to-happen.gif

How about we just play a 4-2-5? Then we can have jaquan, rayshawn, and Carter all on the field. Our linebackers would also be great once Owens returns: Shaq and McCloud backed up by Pinckney and Owens.

Problem is is that we're just as short in depth at corner than we are at LB.

Advertisement
If anyone is moving to LB it would be Harris who has started at OLB and has the football IQ to play both positions. He would only play OLB on plays then move do to DE when we go 4-2-5.

We need carter at safety because we only have three safeties that are ready for real action. Once Knowles, Wright, & co produce on the field then we can talk about moving carter as a second option.

That's a fair point, if carter moves who plays safety if someone gets hurt? Because knowles looked lost out there. It's just going to be a lot of nickel and possibly dime. Colbert could probably move inside with Jaquan to at least help keep good tacklers near the LOS

I'd rather have Carter learn how to play safety first. Right now he's physically elite, but plays like Vaughn Telemaque.

Advertisement
How about we just stick to what we were going to do regardless. Play more nickel than normal.

You don't switch everything up in week 2 of the season.

Yall are fools

We just need Owens to get healthy . I bet he is ready by GT or FSU and anyway a ton of teams we will play will cause us to be in nickel most of the time anyway.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back