Derrick Smith Safety out of Jacksonville Trinity Christian

Advertisement
Whats the opinion on him? seems that he will be choosing us over USC 2017 kid
I'm higher on him than most on the board. Think he was primarily a WR throughout high school but from the little tape I saw before the kid has major ball skills and the frame to carry 215 and still be able to move. Maybe it's him coming from Trinity but I don't think he his that far behind the Delpit and Carter in terms of potential. Thinking of a more physical Rayshawn Jenkins.

If it helps us with other studs from trinity then I'm all for it, but I prefer Amari Carter and it seems the staff does too

Advertisement
You take any kid that has started multiple years at Trinity.

They produce athletes out of that place.

I'm higher on him than most on the board. Think he was primarily a WR throughout high school but from the little tape I saw before the kid has major ball skills and the frame to carry 215 and still be able to move. Maybe it's him coming from Trinity but I don't think he his that far behind the Delpit and Carter in terms of potential. Thinking of a more physical Rayshawn Jenkins.

I watched his film again today and this kid is a **** good athlete. Flies, I mean flies, to the ball and will deliver a blow. I'd ask anyone here to view his limited SS film and Carter's, without bias and tell me if Carter is way ahead in potential than this kid? I trust the staff's evaluations, but give me your unbiased take.

I watched his film again today and this kid is a **** good athlete. Flies, I mean flies, to the ball and will deliver a blow. I'd ask anyone here to view his limited SS film and Carter's, without bias and tell me if Carter is way ahead in potential than this kid? I trust the staff's evaluations, but give me your unbiased take.

Where can I find his tape. I think Carter is solid, but I'm not as sold on him as many on this board seem to be.

Advertisement
He is a plan B, behind Amari Carter, and behind the FSU safeties that the staff is still after

Advertisement
Fantastic LB in the making... 6'3" / 190 # with a very good frame! I would take him in a second!

Fantastic LB in the making... 6'3" / 190 # with a very good frame! I would take him in a second!

Exactly my thoughts RS and turn him to a monster . He likes contacts , good frame descent speed and could cover at TE with his range

Advertisement

I really like him. I think he can be a true FS which is what we need. we have Brain Edwards who i think they view as a FS as well but we should take 2. this kid is really good to pass up on IMO. He would make a nice rotational player. His ball skills are really good and he can hit. English had a very good eval of him IMO.

The first time I've ever agreed with ballhawku. Turn him into a LB. He's similar to Billy Gibson except his frame is more advanced so he wouldn't have as long or difficult of a time trying to put on that weight to play the position.

I like him the same as Carter...But I think you only take this kid IF Carter goes elsewhere or you see at least one of this kid Smith or Finley ending up at OLB.

Maybe [MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION] knows him or is familiar with him as he is from the same area and only a year behind Shaq???

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back