2018 DT Michael Thompson

DB4

Freshman
https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals100-dt-michael-thompson-has-a-team-in-mind

The part of the article that Canes fans should be interested in is the fact that he has 3 official visits left and one of them is definitely going to be Miami (another will be Bama, he doesn't know who the 3rd one will be).

He also said that the definitive top 5 is (in no order) Miami, Bama, Mizzou, USC, and Nebraska. He's already taken OVs to USC and Mizzou. Logic would say Nebraska is the 5th OV. I saw a post on another thread that said Miami is out on this kid. Not officially.

Advertisement
If we get a visit you hafta like our chances. Kul Mizzou connection & he will see time immediately.

Advertisement
“I have a good feeling of where I want to go,” Thompson said. “I am going to take a couple visits, though, to make sure that I am set and that I’ll be good wherever I choose to go.”

If he thinks he knows already, but wants a couple visits, you can infer he is not leaning towards a school he has not yet visited.

“I have a good feeling of where I want to go,” Thompson said. “I am going to take a couple visits, though, to make sure that I am set and that I’ll be good wherever I choose to go.”

If he thinks he knows already, but wants a couple visits, you can infer he is not leaning towards a school he has not yet visited.

OP didn't mention he already knew where he wanted to go.

Advertisement

The article it linked did. I quoted it.

Advertisement

The article it linked did. I quoted it.

Got you. Think this dude a longshot. Seems like its missouri or usc for him.

Advertisement

That’s impossible...that throws the reason behind the Tyson Campbell fiasco out the window.

Last edited:
He looked better than i thought he would today

You didn’t expect the #2 ranked DT in the class.. the biggest DT in the game.. to look good in an all star game?
I’ve read that some of the schools that were recruiting him were wanting him at oline

**** that'd be a waste. Thompson and Silvera were the best interior linemen today on their respective teams. The Michigan commit at DE for the West was the best Dlineman in the game but he's an end.

This is the kind of **** we should be used to.

Half *** interior DL recruiting by not doing our homework extremely early in the cycle...slow play or not recruit more then qualified locals for "reasons"...narrow the focus to a few recruits that by November start to show their cards, and we arent in the picture for all but 1...maybe 2 of them. By December, start scrambling for uncommitted players, JUCO kids, and "late blooming" *** kids. A bunch of free trips are had by non serious recruits.

End up with nothing or some low end *** consulation prize.

This is the kind of **** we should be used to.

Half *** interior DL recruiting by not doing our homework extremely early in the cycle...slow play or not recruit more then qualified locals for "reasons"...narrow the focus to a few recruits that by November start to show their cards, and we arent in the picture for all but 1...maybe 2 of them. By December, start scrambling for uncommitted players, JUCO kids, and "late blooming" *** kids. A bunch of free trips are had by non serious recruits.

End up with nothing or some low end *** consulation prize.

You must be a hoot at the bar.

Advertisement
Back