FSU game not happening? -Travel and Hurricane Damage

Cityboy4life82

Thunderdome
If the Hurricane hits Sunday and their is massive flooding and power outages, blocked roads and airports shut down. How will the team even travel or how does the staff keep in contact with players when phone lines will be down along with cell phones?

Is there a plan for them? If the Hurricane hits late Sunday then Monday is done. If their is flooding Tuesday and Wednesday are done. So the FSU game seems to be not happening

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just don't see how the game is played next week. The 10/7 option is a good one. That seems logical.

Advertisement
There goes the season.

IF that game moves to 10/7, that's going to be tough on the guys. You're going to have GT 4 days later, and literally no breaks throughout the season.

But I agree---I don't think the game gets played next week

Advertisement
Moving the FSU game to 10/7 makes this an 8 - 3 or 7 - 4 season. It gives Blackman more time to develop and solidifies that 'L' to FSU, it gives us less time to prepare for the triple option, and with no break after this upcoming weekend there's no way fatigue and injuries don't play a part in us losing one or more games during the UNC, VT, and Notre Dame gauntlet. Not saying they won't or shouldn't do it, just saying if they do this season is finished.

Moving the FSU game to 10/7 makes this an 8 - 3 or 7 - 4 season. It gives Blackman more time to develop and solidifies that 'L' to FSU, it gives us less time to prepare for the triple option, and with no break after this upcoming weekend there's no way fatigue and injuries don't play a part in us losing one or more games during the UNC, VT, and Notre Dame gauntlet. Not saying they won't or shouldn't do it, just saying if they do this season is finished.

Wow that is a Goldenized porst.

Advertisement

You're right. Having no bye week for 10 straight weeks works in our favor. And the confidence and adjustments to game speed Blackman develops over 3 games will make him too confident when Miami strolls into town. And you're right, we beat GT last year. We don't even need to practice. They're going to run the ball; just stop them. UNC lost to Cal so they're basically going 0 and 12 and VT barely beat the same exact WVU team we slaughtered in a bowl game so they probably won't even show up; that's a dubya. Notre Dame went 4 - 8 last year and we won't discuss that loss 'cause it was last year even though the win I previously discussed over WVU was last year but that's fine because it benefits us.

You're totally right. 14 - 0 National Champions. Tickets ordered.

If the storm takes the projected path, I don't see anyway that game is played next weekend.

Agree to a point.
This will most likely add 1 loss to whatever prediction on the season anyone had.
I was at 10-2. It could very well be 9-3.
If we lose to GT, it won't be because of scheme. We know what they do. It will be lack of rest on the short week.
Gauntlet is a little strong for VT, ND, and UNC.

Advertisement

You're right. Having no bye week for 10 straight weeks works in our favor. And the confidence and adjustments to game speed Blackman develops over 3 games will make him too confident when Miami strolls into town. And you're right, we beat GT last year. We don't even need to practice. They're going to run the ball; just stop them. UNC lost to Cal so they're basically going 0 and 12 and VT barely beat the same exact WVU team we slaughtered in a bowl game so they probably won't even show up; that's a dubya. Notre Dame went 4 - 8 last year and we won't discuss that loss 'cause it was last year even though the win I previously discussed over WVU was last year but that's fine because it benefits us.

Did you forget to take your meds this morning? Good lord man get yourself together.

Agree to a point.
This will most likely add 1 loss to whatever prediction on the season anyone had.
If we lose to GT, it won't be because of scheme. We know what they do. It will be lack of rest on the short week.

Yeah I mean we handled them all so well last year.

Agree to a point.

We are now on an 11 game regular season schedule not 12 games.

Did you forget to take your meds this morning? Good lord man get yourself together.

I just can't win on this board. Realistic concerns about moving the game to 10/7? Not good enough. Predicting an undefeated championship season? Not good enough. I don't get it.

Advertisement
Back