Notre Lame in talks to join ACC as full member

Advertisement
Wonder if they'd be in the Coastal or Atlantic. Hopefully, they're be in the Coastal. Would love to play them annually.

Oh I can definitely see them putting them on our side, and putting UCONN in the Atlantic. Notre Dame vs Miami every year would be instant cash boom, and the ratings would be through the roof.

The real question is what are they going to do with that NBC Contract. It's through 2025, and that might be the deal breaker if NBC can't negotiate with the ACC

Last edited:
This would be huge for the ACC and us. Huge! Put them on the Coastal so they stop running from us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
As long as Notre Dame has NBC offering them a lot of money, I doubt they join the ACC.

Possibly true but with the playoff system they need to reevaluate their strategy like the article says. ND is at an disadvantage to get into the playoffs.

Assuming this does happen, and the ACC goes to 16 teams, I'd argue adding the University of Cincinnati would be better than adding UConn.

Not sure how Louisville and Notre Dame would feel about that ... But if they aren't afraid of the competition, it could really lead to some great regional conference rivalries. UConn football is never going to be interesting, IMO.

And the conference alignments would be so simple!

ACC North
Syracuse, Boston College, Pitt, UVA, VT, ND, Louisville, Cincinnati

ACC South
Miami, FSU, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Duke, UNC, NCSU, WF

Go to 9 conference games in football, and the ACC would have the toughest schedule of any P5, IMO.

Advertisement
Assuming this does happen, and the ACC goes to 16 teams, I'd argue adding the University of Cincinnati would be better than adding UConn.

Not sure how Louisville and Notre Dame would feel about that ... But if they aren't afraid of the competition, it could really lead to some great regional conference rivalries. UConn football is never going to be interesting, IMO.

ACC North

ACC South

Go to 9 conference games in football, and the ACC would have the toughest schedule of any P5, IMO.

It's only a matter of time. With talks of the Big 12 dissolving, I can see 3-4 "super-conferences" coming to fruition. I know there has been some idle chatter about Oklahoma being linked to the SEC and Texas to the ACC.

UConn is a big basketball school. The ACC is the best basketball conference. UConn is easily the best choice.

I wonder if eSECpn's recent financial woes and anxiety about the ACC Network becoming a reality lit a fire under the collectives asses of the Tobacco Road crew to try to force Notre Dame's hand here a little too?

Insofar as their NBC deal, how is the money from The Longhorn Network disbursed in the Big 12? I'd be fine with letting these ******** keep a disproportionate amount of that money but also having some sliding scale on hoops money where they take a smaller cut.

Anyone that argues against them joining is dumber than your average Arky fan. It'd instantly and decisively make the ACC the marquee national conference in marketability alone- and I say that as someone that not only wouldn't spit on Lou Holtz if he was on fire but would scramble to find gasoline to add to the inferno.

ACC North

ACC South

I agree with everyone else about UConn being the rational choice, but I'd personally love to see Cincy added to the ACC. My GF is an alum so it would be cool having both our schools in the same conference.

Advertisement

UConn is a big basketball school. The ACC is the best basketball conference. UConn is easily the best choice.

I get where you're going ... But the University of Cincinnati actually has the better men's basketball program, right now.

NCAA College Basketball Polls, College Basketball Rankings, NCAA Basketball Polls - ESPN

American Athletic Conference - 2016-17 Men's Basketball Standings

ACC North

ACC South

That would be the most imbalanced leagues in all of college football. You'd be putting FSU, Clemson, and Miami in the same league. Total non-starter.

ACC North

ACC South

That would be the most imbalanced leagues in all of college football. You'd be putting FSU, Clemson, and Miami in the same league. Total non-starter.

Ya think? He created an ACC South that'd be tougher than the AFC South.

Advertisement

The same UCONN that sued Miami for leaving the Big East, uhhh, no. All they have is a decent BB program, their FB program is in shambles and they have absolutely zero draw.

Don't get the UConn intrigue. Relatively small alumni base and small fanbase overall, a BB program that peaked years ago and is now on the decline, and a football program no one could give two ***** about. I'm not crazy about Cincy, but I think they're a little more solid overall than UConn is.

ACC North

ACC South

How so???

Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State are all in the same B1G division.

Ohio State made the playoffs without winning their conference or division ... And there was an argument for Michigan, who also didn't win the conference or division, making it, as well.

#ChessNotCheckers

Advertisement
Back