Podcast: Jamal Carter, OL analysis, and recruiting

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Jrock.jpg

Former Miami safety Jamal Carter joins the podcast to reflect on his Miami career. The homegrown product talks about why staying close to his family was important to him and we look at the team’s success this season and look towards the future. He also discusses things such as Miami's hire of David Cooney and playing for the new coaching staff.

Cardinal Gibbons HS offensive line coach Chris Courcy joins the show to analyze Miami’s play up front this season and we dissect the Canes’ recruiting class on the offensive line.

[SOUNDCLOUD]301974036[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
Liked the Carter interview. It was refreshing to hear what he said about Ced. But I hope this kid doesn't get kicked off the team.

Advertisement
Tackle: McDermott, St. Louis, Odogwo, Brown, Johnson, Hillery

Guard: Darling, Donaldson, Milo, Jones, Mahoney, Dykstra

Center: Gauthier, Linder, Gaynor

Wow that looks horrible when you really look at it

No matter how you shuffle the lineup, we have next to no talent on the OL

Scary

Scary

I think "next to no talent" is a bit extreme.
I think we desperately need Brown to be a player at LT.
If that happens I think the pieces fit a lot better.

Advertisement

Scary

got some 4 star recruits up in here

Pete, appreciate your rounding up knowledgeable guests. Great job. Just one positive thought: Go back and listen to the interviews. Be more succinct with your questions, less a rambling personal statement, and allow the guests more space or time to talk. Make that subtle adjustment and you'll a real professional product. Again, nice job.

Offensive line should look better when they don't have to be absolutely perfect on every pass play. Put a more aware QB behind that same OL, and they look a thousand times better.

Advertisement
JCarter got ALOT of heat on here but I never said a bad word about him because he came here when it would have been easy for him to go to LSU. And he played solid. Will we upgrade that spot and find someone who can play it better? Of course.

He can say he was apart of the class that set the "U" on the right track of being back in the national convo again. First senior class to say that since 2004.

Great podcast, thanks Pete. Carter sounds like a great young man, true Cane. Wish him nothing but the best and a long career in the NFL. We're going to have a lot of guys going to the league this year, especially when you add in the 3 kids kicked off the team who will show out at MIami's Pro Day.

Regarding recruiting: Appreciate the discussion on Dean, Thomas and Pouncey. Anything cooking on the OL now that the AH kids are out of the picture? On Wilder, I think he has best upside of the three, but was a huge project, and what we need right now is turnkey depth at LB to back up the Bermuda Triangle. Would love to see a Juco/GT there. Possible? No DT prospects now that Conliffe is off the table?

edit: I just saw your updated post on the LSU DT transfer. great news.

Last edited:
Advertisement
lol explain then why are they so bad on running plays?

Offensive line should look better when they don't have to be absolutely perfect on every pass play. Put a more aware QB behind that same OL, and they look a thousand times better.

Advertisement
Back