Nation's #2 2018 TE Jordan talks Miami

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_0121.jpg

As Miami is potentially looking to add a second tight end to their 2017 recruiting class, coach Todd Hartley is already working on dipping into West Coast powerhouse Bishop Gorman for the 2018 cycle.

Brevin Jordan is the #2-ranked TE in the 247sports composite rankings for next year's class, and the Miami Hurricanes are heavily recruiting him.

"I love Miami, theyr'e Tight End U and they send big, athletic tight ends like me to the league," Jordan said. "I'm fine going across the country. I'll move to Africa if it will get me to the league."

Canes TE coach Todd Hartley is trying to secure what would be his biggest pick-up at Miami yet.

"Coach Hartley and I have a great relationship. Out of all the schools recruiting me, I have the best relationship with him and he's the only coach in contact with my mom," he added.

Jordan said that most of his family has warmed up to the idea of him possibly playing on the East Coast for college, but it's important that the Miami coaches continue to build that relationship with Jordan's mother, as he explains.

"My family is all for it -- my brothers want me to move away from the West Coast and play ACC, SEC, OR BIG 10 football. My mom wants me to stay West Coast though because she's a sensitive mom," Jordan said.

"I'm a big athletic TE I can do it all. Flex me out, put me at wide receiver, everything. I'm 6'3", 240 running a 4.68 40. I'm different."

One area that could certainly work in Miami's favor in this instance is that Jordan really seems to have perspective as to the Hurricanes' lineage of professional tight ends.

"Their history is pretty cool. I mean, look at the tradition of TEs going to the NFL -- I can definitely see myself being part of that tradition," Jordan said.

"I'm making sure I'm playing in a pro-style offense where the TE is utilized heavily and gets the ball."

"I'm taking my time with the recruiting process. I don't have to commit early until I know the 100% right decision. I keep my mind off of the process and I'm focused on leading my team to a 4-peat National Championship."

[HUDL]video/3/4408464/58464bafff0d1a26bc6ed1ce[/HUDL]

Advertisement
"I love Miami, theyr'e Tight End U and they send big, athletic tight ends like me to the league," Jordan said. "I'm fine going across the country. I'll move to Africa if it will get me to the league."

:umuni:

If we cant pull a top 3 TE in the country every year then something is wrong with our recruiting approach. We have TE representation all over the league. And Njoku is next..Herndon shortly thereafter..

Advertisement
Like what he said about Hartley. Makes me feel better about his recruiting ability.

Advertisement
ahaha Pete, you should have left the part about his mom out. Now she's gonna get calls from everybody trying to recruit this kid lol. Dammit mane can we crowd fund an orange and green flower boquet for her every week?

Why are more national kids more bullish on Miami's trajectory than local kids? Boggles the mind.

I think South Florida's become a filthy street agent infested and competitive cesspool on an unprecedented level, unrivaled anywhere. I think the characters and personalities down there are driving the things we are seeing as Canes fans who follow recruiting closely with every major duffel bag school in our backyard big time. I think national kids can step outside the box we've been in locally a lot easier. This is just my theory. That's all.

Advertisement
Bishop Gorman is the IMG of the West Coast. We have a legit shot here. It's in Nevada, so we don't have to worry about SC crowding in this school. Honestly, we should recruit Gorman more. They are West Coast mercenaries and have no issues with bouncing across town if the love is shown. Not a lot of Street Agents out that way, either. You get the family on board and 9/10 you get the recruit.

Advertisement
Another thing that should be noted, is if we land Brevin Jordan, that increases our chances drastically in landing his QB DTR.

Both he & DTR really would like to play with each other at the next level, they were both going to commit to ASU back in August, but DTR backed out.

Obviously, kids say stuff like that all the time about playing together in college, so I doubt they're both going to go to the same school, but they're being recruited pretty much by every program as a tandem.

Miami, UCLA, Michigan, LSU & UF are all after both of them, right now we're real high on Jordan's list, but with DTR his mom is a Michigan grad & he already has a good relationship with Harbaugh.

Bishop Gorman is the IMG of the West Coast. We have a legit shot here. It's in Nevada, so we don't have to worry about SC crowding in this school. Honestly, we should recruit Gorman more. They are West Coast mercenaries and have no issues with bouncing across town if the love is shown. Not a lot of Street Agents out that way, either. You get the family on board and 9/10 you get the recruit.

We are doing our fair share of recruiting there for 18. Recruiting that Samoan 5* linebacker and Dorian Thompson Robinson on top of Jordan

:umuni:

University of Africa has almost as many bagmen as the University of Alabama.

Advertisement
Back