Will Miami Make the Tournament?

Posted this to our Twitter last night, and seems most people are still fairly optimistic. Curious to see what you guys think.

tourneychances.JPG

Advertisement
I am less optimistic now than I was prior to the season. Agree w/ Miami04, having .500 or better is a must in conference.

Advertisement
Yes...The NIT. I told you guys at the beginning of the season this is a NIT team. Next year they'll make the ncaa tournament.

It all depends on how quickly some of these young players grow up. I don't worry about Brown, but Huell's lack of production is troubling, he needs to figure it out. If the 'Canes can steal some on the road, while holding serve at home against the teams they should be competitive against(and you know this team will upset someone they shouldn't), they can sneak into the tournament. That said, we are early in conference play, and this team has already picked up a decent win in NC State, but didn't follow it up against a reeling Syracuse.

I laugh at any mouthbreather that thinks this team won't even make the NIT. The only way that happens is if there are multiple serious injuries.

Advertisement
Lol these responses further prove that CIS posters are the most negative Canes fans in the world. Not a single person said yes while on Twitter 75% of responses were yes. I think they'll make it, but will ride the bubble all the way.

Yes.... because Coach L has consistently overachieved each year at the U.

This year won't be any different. He will have to pull one out of the hat somehow though.

Advertisement
Lol these responses further prove that CIS posters are the most negative Canes fans in the world. Not a single person said yes while on Twitter 75% of responses were yes. I think they'll make it, but will ride the bubble all the way.

This team is awkward. I don't see us winning more than 5 ACC games

If this was football we'd be guaranteed no worse than an 8 seed based on our conference affiliation alone. Top to bottom excellence in the A-C-C! It's obviously not the same level of bias but I think Larranaga puts together a little run that gets our win total to an acceptable level and then we do win 2 ACC tourney games. We end up at like as like a 12 seed.

This team is awkward. I don't see us winning more than 5 ACC games

If we win more than 5, will you___________

Advertisement

I think they will ride the bubble, be in the first four out.. NIT bound

Advertisement
Back