Miami targeting 2018 WR Jatavious Harris (Ga.)

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_0087.jpg

Although Mark Richt's recruiting pull in the state of Georgia is only tangible with Deejay Dallas and Zalon'tae Hillery at the moment, inroads are already being made with one of the state's top receivers in the 2018 recruiting class, Jatavious Harris (6-3, 185)

Harris has a plethora of schools on his trail such as Florida, Tennessee, UGA, South Carolina, and Auburn, but only one coach dropped by his school last month -- that was Miami wide receivers coach Ron Dugans.

"That showed me a lot -- that I'm a priority to them. It means a lot to me and I'm already taking it into consideration," Harris said.

"He always gives off a good vibe. I've been around him twice and he is always smiling. He's a good mentor and a good coach on-and-off the field," he added.

Harris visited Miami once from November 4th-6th for the game against Pittsburgh. His next trip to Coral Gables will likely be for Paradise Camp in July.

Canes 2017 commit Deejay Dallas has been actively recruiting Harris for the 2018 class -- and it seems like it's working.

"That's my dawg right there. He always gets me pumped up when I talk to him. He told me I have to go out with a bang my senior year and then represent when I'm in Miami," he said.

Harris on Dallas: "Everybody I talk to about him, loves him. You don't have an option but to respect him."

Harris added that "education" is an important aspect of his decision for his family and that it will be a "big part" of where he wants to go.

[HUDL]video/3/4095442/57e67de47bddf874808bdc8b[/HUDL]

Advertisement
Nice that he got to see that Pitt game live.

Seems like a solid prospect and he loves the Canes.

Bring on more of them Peach State boys!!!

Sounds like the staff really likes him. And he likes Miami.

But, also sounds like the bigger schools aren't on him yet.

IMO, tape isn't overly impressive. Don't think we need to leave SoFla for WRs in 2018.

Pete, what are your thoughts on him as a potential take at WR in 2018?

IMO, tape isn't overly impressive. Don't think we need to leave SoFla for WRs in 2018.

Pete, what are your thoughts on him as a potential take at WR in 2018

They're looking to take 5-6 receivers next year, so if they hit on the likes of Pope-Williams-Hightower, with Wiggins already committed, I think it's very possible they take a physical kid like this to potentially develop.

Theres a 100+ teams recruiting in FL. We absolutely need to explore all options out of state.

Advertisement

Of course one of the biggest homers on the site doesn't want this kid

They get Lingard, Pope, Williams, and Hightower to go with current commits and I don't give a **** who else they get on the offensive side of the ball. They can get 10 2* guys and I'm happy with the offensive haul.

2018 is all about Stockpiling WRs, DBs, and DL.

They're looking to take 5-6 receivers next year, so if they hit on the likes of Pope-Williams-Hightower, with Wiggins already committed, I think it's very possible they take a physical kid like this to potentially develop.

I'm thinking the same. I'd love to have him in this class along with the guys you listed.

Advertisement

Lol I just love SoFla WRs and players. Thats part of what makes the U great.

And who wouldn't want all SoFla WRs.... Ever heard of these studs?

Antonio Brown
Amari Cooper
TY Hilton
Kelvin Benjamin
Allen Hurns

etc.....

I'm thinking the same. I'd love to have him in this class along with the guys you listed.

Is that type of haul realistic. Mainly the Williams part?

Antonio Brown
Amari Cooper
TY Hilton
Kelvin Benjamin
Allen Hurns

etc.....

Yea but I'll love guys like Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, AJ Green, Malachi Dupre, Christian Kirk or even guys like Lamar Thomas

But knowing you, none of these guys would've been recruited by you because "we don't need to leave SFL" even though a lot of our best players ever aren't even from Miami....**** knowing you, you probably fought off saying there's five WR's right now that are better than Copeland and Hightower

If he good we need him look at what happen 2016 we lost all the good WR in 2017 class. I say, if he like Miami go get him need players.

Advertisement

Antonio Brown
Amari Cooper
TY Hilton
Kelvin Benjamin
Allen Hurns

etc.....

Yea but I'll love guys like Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, AJ Green, Malachi Dupre, Christian Kirk or even guys like Lamar Thomas

But knowing you, none of these guys would've been recruited by you because "we don't need to leave SFL" even though a lot of our best players ever aren't even from Miami....**** knowing you, you probably fought off saying there's five WR's right now that are better than Copeland and Hightower

You always take the things I say the wrong way. I never said don't recruit out of state kids. I just wouldn't leave the "State of Miami" unless it is for a top talent like the players you listed above.

Not saying that Harris can't be that type of prospect, but when comparing film right NOW of him to some of the players in SoFla (Pope, Williams, Gammage, Watt, Wiggins, etc.), I just don't see the need to leave when there's that much talent here.

Antonio Brown
Amari Cooper
TY Hilton
Kelvin Benjamin
Allen Hurns

etc.....

You always take the things I say the wrong way. I never said don't recruit out of state kids. I just wouldn't leave the "State of Miami" unless it is for a top talent like the players you listed above.

Not saying that Harris can't be that type of prospect, but when comparing film right NOW of him to some of the players in SoFla (Pope, Williams, Gammage, Watt, Wiggins, etc.), I just don't see the need to leave when there's that much talent here.

Then Why is Corey Gammage so special? I can tell you right now there's 4 WR's in Broward that you don't even know about that are twice the player than him

Advertisement

Is that type of haul realistic. Mainly the Williams part?

Yeah Williams may be the really difficult one. But I'd be more than okay with that haul.

Really like this kid. Has some really impressive high-point receptions (1:32, 2:05, 3:39, 4:27, and 4:50 marks) in his junior highlights, he's listed at 6'3", and IIRC his speed/track numbers are phenomenal. Big time athletic upside.

Would love for him to be apart of the 2018 WR class.

Sounds like the staff really likes him. And he likes M

I would rather get south Florida talent. Compare this kid to xavier, pope, wiggins and Hightower he does not look that impressive. But you never know next year he can turn into a beast. But those kids that I previously named they should be guys we lock up first.

Advertisement
Back