The official get Dewan Huell involved more thread

Advertisement
Let's see, we just won by double digits against a good ACC opponent. Are you really going to question Laranaga? SMH!

tumblr_o4rmenfpwA1tgjbr7o3_r2_400.gif

Advertisement
The coaches see Dewan play a lot each week in practice. My guess is that he is not impressing them all that much.

I used to go to the gym and watch practice occasionally when I was an undergraduate. You could do that back then. If someone was really outstanding, you could tell that after a few minutes of spectating. The guys who looked good in practice were the same guys who looked good in the games. Everybody recognized the facts.

One of the kids on the team had been a very highly touted "high school All-American." Problem was, initially he was only so-so at the college level. A couple of years after I graduated, I saw that he had finally upped his game to the level of "all-league." The cream eventually rose, but it took awhile.

Last edited:
From Barry Jackson

• While freshmen Bruce Brown and Dejan Vasiljevic (42.4 percent on threes) are thriving offensively, ballyhooed UM freshman Dewan Huell’s offensive game is a "work in progress," Jim Larranaga said.

Huell (7.1 points per game), averaged "19 points in [Norland] high school [by] being more athletic [than everybody else]. He’s got to develop a little more skill. We need him to offensive rebound more and hit a driving lay-in and a jump hook once is a while." Huell is helping, but some expected a bigger immediate impact.

Miami Dolphins' draft slot comes with shaky past; Dolphins, UM, Heat, Panthers | Miami Herald

I'm actually more concerned about Huell's defense right now. He needs to add strength and improve his positioning. Too often I've seen him allow his man to post up right on the low block without much resistance.

Advertisement
I'm actually more concerned about Huell's defense right now. He needs to add strength and improve his positioning. Too often I've seen him allow his man to post up right on the low block without much resistance.

This is why i didnt think he wouldnt get major PT this year....He has already exceeded my expectations

This is why i didnt think he wouldnt get major PT this year....He has already exceeded my expectations

The grammatical structure of this post did not exceed my expectations.

I saw that he had finally upped his game to the level of "all-league." The cream eventually rose, but it took awhile.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back