Gino DiMare Among Elite D1 Baseball Assistants

GPB

Recruit
D1Baseball.com posted a nice article here which includes Gino as a top assistant.

Gino DiMare, Miami: The Hurricanes have gotten a lot of their mojo back since DiMare decided to return to the coaching staff. And once again, the ‘Canes had one of the nation’s better offenses this past season on the road to the CWS. Miami finished the year with a .298 average, which ranked 37th nationally, while also finishing 19th in OBP at .399 and 37th in scoring with 6.8 runs per game. In addition to his job as hitting coach, DiMare also continues to do a quality job on the recruiting trail.​

I see Gino frequently socially and can assure all fans he works hard on recruiting and travels a lot watching baseball for days to find players.

Advertisement
How much did Gino or his family pay to get that published? Maybe the Author owed them a favor.

I’ll give dude a chance, but it’s the same bull**** as the last few years with Morris.
I'm giving him a chance also, but never like the idea of hiring from within when the former coach was struggling .

Advertisement
I’ll give dude a chance, but it’s the same bull**** as the last few years with Morris.

Exactly, you can "work hard on recruiting and travel a lot watching baseball"...but if you can't teach the fundamentals and have them executed come game time, pretty certain it defeats the purpose.

UM

Exactly, you can "work hard on recruiting and travel a lot watching baseball"...but if you can't teach the fundamentals and have them executed come game time, pretty certain it defeats the purpose.

UM

If defense was as important as some of you clowns suggest then we'd start Willy Escala, Tyler Paige and Chad Crosbie.

But then we wouldn't be leading the ACC is hitting right now.

So we don't.

Last edited:
If defense was as important as some of you clowns suggest then we'd start Willy Escala, Tyler Paige and Chad Crosbie.

So we don't.

Thanks for pointing that out to us.

I forgot they pick the CWS teams based on who leads the conference in hitting.

But then again, the top two teams in the ACC who are leading in defense (NC ST and LOUISVILLE), also happen to have 9-3 records in conference play, versus our 5-7.

Listen, I'm not being totally snarky just for the sake of amusement. But there's a reason that good pitching/defense beats good hitting. And you don't need to have memorized Lew Watts's "The Fine Art of Baseball" to know that. Point is, the reason we are where we are, isn't because we can't bat well enough to win, it's poor pitching and poor fielding. We're middle of the pack in the former, and near the bottom of the conference in the other. Until that changes, we're going nowhere.

Advertisement

So we don't.

So you admit that recruiting savant Gino DiMare, three years after "roster purgatory", still can't field a team that can hit AND play defense.

But then again, the top two teams in the ACC who are leading in defense (NC ST and LOUISVILLE), also happen to have 9-3 records in conference play, versus our 5-7.

NC State is also 4th in AVG 1st in SLG and 2nd in OBP. They're also 2nd in ERA.

Basically, they're tops in almost every category. They're the best team in the league.

They also don't "pick" CWS teams based on conference record after 12 games.

Advertisement
Listen, I'm not being totally snarky just for the sake of amusement.

Listen, you're the idiot who waxed poetic about Ron Fraser's defensive "philosophy" but didn't know jack **** about the fact.

You being snarky to me would be funny because of the obvious difference in knowledge between us.

No, I'm saying that hitting takes priority as it should.

In what alternate universe? The 2018 CWS final series saw these scores: 4-1, 5-3, 5-0. In 2017 it was 4-3 and 6-1. Offense wins regular season ACC games. Pitching and defense win titles.

And you don't need to have memorized Lew Watts's "The Fine Art of Baseball" to know that.

But apparently you do to understand that Ron Fraser's "philosophy" didn't do a **** bit of difference when, in fact, Jim Morris' teams were just as good if not better than Fraser's.

You just did what most people do and reflect on the past without knowing what you were talking about.

Advertisement
NC State is also 4th in AVG 1st in SLG and 2nd in OBP. They're also 2nd in ERA.

Basically, they're tops in almost every category. They're the best team in the league.

They also don't "pick" CWS teams based on conference record after 12 games.

So it's possible to have a good offense, good defense, and good pitching. Weird.

In the one where you don't change the subject to include pitching.

Defense is overrated in this context.

It takes a football guy to separate pitching and defense.

In any event, thank you for now admitting that we also don't have good pitching. But according to you, DiMare and Morris did nothing wrong with regard to recruiting since 2015.

Point is, the reason we are where we are, isn't because we can't bat well enough to win, it's poor pitching and poor fielding. We're middle of the pack in the former, and near the bottom of the conference in the other.

You have to change the subject to include pitching because even your silly *** knows that defense alone isn't sufficient to lose games.

Advertisement
Back