Evidence Njoku v. David Njoku

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Went back and watched David Njoku's junior film and compared it to Evidence Njoku's film. Pretty interesting.

Seems like David was always the stronger player who broke more tackles, while Evidence has an extra gear and maybe another inch of height. Evidence transferred to Wayne Hills (Olsen's old school) so it will be interesting to see how he deals with a higher level of competition.

David Njoku

[HUDL]video/3/90257/5721acb69a91677e7466f7d8[/HUDL]

Evidence Njoku

[HUDL]video/3/2641271/5721d99019a53e2a187bfd57[/HUDL]

Advertisement
If this guy's got his brother's toughness he's going to grow into a 6'5 220 pound rocked up gazelle who will be a nearly impossible cover.

I liked David's film a lot more , but with a redshirt I think Evidence could be a player.

I think evidence njoku still grows into a te/receiver like what David is. He may be smaller tight than David was in highschool. But at 6'5 and after a redshirt year he definitely will be in the 230-235 range

Advertisement
I liked David's film a lot more , but with a redshirt I think Evidence could be a player.

Njoku's senior film was outrageous but I think their junior film is pretty interesting to compare.

I think evidence njoku still grows into a te/receiver like what David is. He may be smaller tight than David was in highschool. But at 6'5 and after a redshirt year he definitely will be in the 230-235 range

You think he is going to add 40-50 pounds in one year?

Njoku's senior film was outrageous but I think their junior film is pretty interesting to compare.

I always was amazed by Davids movement and speed at that size , then his track times justified what a freak he was. Honestly, Evidence doesn't blow me away at all. Imo, he could be a solid player by rs soph year but that's about it. Which is fine.

Advertisement

He is about 185 now and you think he will be a te? David was 225 when he came out.

You think he is going to add 40-50 pounds in one year?

It's realistic for him to gain 20 pounds before he enrolls at Miami when they give him the workout program packet. It's only July of 2016. If he redshirted next year that's 2 offseason trainings by Miami as well as spring. It's not unrealistic by any means.

Very interested to see him at Wayne Hills. That comp reminds me of playing flag football in Ft Lauderdale as a kid.

Advertisement

From those two tapes little brother is faster, has better ft and moves. Not sure what everyone else is seeing. Speed kills!

I was just reading through the list thinking something similar. I get that David looks like Bo Jackson in the old Tecmo Bowl games running through all those tiny defenders, but Evidence shows speed that big bro didn't have at that stage. On that one return at the 1:00 mark, he covers 50 yards in about 5 seconds flat (granted, he was already running wide open, but you get what I'm saying).

David was a freight train, Evidence is a Ferrari. He's got very good straight line speed. He will have to be much more disciplined in his route running once he gets to college. But the moment he steps on campus, you'll be able to throw him a 9-route or a jump ball and expect him to win most of those battles. That's an asset anywhere.

Advertisement

From those two tapes little brother is faster, has better ft and moves. Not sure what everyone else is seeing. Speed kills!

I mean David was waaaaay bigger so he should be " faster ". David is a freak for that size and mix in a seven foot high jump.

Btw what's this kids legit 40? Majority of the kids are tiny white boys. He really doesn't look like he's moving all that fast. It could just be the long strides.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back