• UM wont have "spring game", but multiple open scrimmages

    Looks like the good folks at Tennessee may have been tipped...-img_2867-jpg


    Sources tell CanesInSight that Miami will not hold a spring game at Hard Rock stadium this year because the venue will not be available. Instead, UM plans on holding multiple open scrimmages in the tri-county area that fans and recruits will be able to attend.

    Location and dates will be released in the coming weeks.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: UM wont have "spring game", but multiple open scrimmages started by Peter Ariz View original post
    Comments 68 Comments
    1. ghost2's Avatar
      ghost2 -
      Good.
    1. cooks002's Avatar
      cooks002 -
      ****
    1. JMG's Avatar
      JMG -
      Is this a bad thing?
    1. Kevin's Avatar
      Kevin -
      didnt they hold practices such as this last year too
    1. Ropa's Avatar
      Ropa -
      Chess move!!! Answer to satellite camps.. lol
    1. ItownCane's Avatar
      ItownCane -
      Should have one in Immokalee...Naples ,Fort Myers and surrounding areas would flood this scrimmage. It would also help boost the economy..
      Just a thought.
    1. rokulika's Avatar
      rokulika -
      They're installing FieldTurf in HRS. That's why the venue will be unavailable.
    1. jnf2257's Avatar
      jnf2257 -
      In the grand scheme of things.... this doesn't really matter. With the amount of recruits we have surrounding us we're one of the few schools who could get away with this.
    1. Firesite's Avatar
      Firesite -
      Can't wait to watch! I'll be attending!
    1. Peter Ariz's Avatar
      Peter Ariz -
      JMG said: View Post
      Is this a bad thing?
      No I think it will help because there will be more opportunities for recruits to be around.
    1. JMG's Avatar
      JMG -
      Peter Ariz said: View Post
      JMG said: View Post
      Is this a bad thing?
      No I think it will help because there will be more opportunities for recruits to be around.
      Awesome.

      Thanks, Pete.
    1. brock's Avatar
      brock -
      This is great for the fans. Can get in depth looks at the team at multiple scrimmages and more recruits can visit for those scrimmages. Will the Final scrimmage possibly be back at lockhart stadium like last year?
    1. ItownCane's Avatar
      ItownCane -
      Limits the mocking of our spring game attendance
    1. OriginalCanesCanesCanes's Avatar
      OriginalCanesCan... -
      Peter Ariz said: View Post
      JMG said: View Post
      Is this a bad thing?
      No I think it will help because there will be more opportunities for recruits to be around.
      This.

      Just more opportunities to interact with recruits in a more controlled practice environment. It's more opportunities for the "customer" (recruits) to "sample" the product (Miami, and how it develops players). I promise you we will have more exposure in this way then either the semenholes or the turds. And that's always a good thing.
    1. RiDLer80's Avatar
      RiDLer80 -
      Ropa said: View Post
      Chess move!!! Answer to satellite camps.. lol
      Question for anybody that may know.

      Since the NCAA banned satellite camps, will we be able to continue to do things like this once the rule goes into effect?
    1. umhurricane2511's Avatar
      umhurricane2511 -
      Will anything be televised for those who don't live in South Florida?
    1. brock's Avatar
      brock -
      umhurricane2511 said: View Post
      Will anything be televised for those who don't live in South Florida?
      When they did it at Lockhart stadium last year it was on espn3
    1. Ropa's Avatar
      Ropa -
      RiDLer80 said: View Post
      Ropa said: View Post
      Chess move!!! Answer to satellite camps.. lol
      Question for anybody that may know.

      Since the NCAA banned satellite camps, will we be able to continue to do things like this once the rule goes into effect?
      It shouldn't MICHIGAN FOOTBALL ANNOUNCES TRIP TO ROME FOR EDUCATION, SPRING DRILLS. They will travel to Rome in April for three of their 15 spring football practices.
    1. umhurricane2511's Avatar
      umhurricane2511 -
      brock said: View Post
      umhurricane2511 said: View Post
      Will anything be televised for those who don't live in South Florida?
      When they did it at Lockhart stadium last year it was on espn3
      That was also considered the "spring game" though, with Canes Fest and everything.

      Are we still doing Canes Fest and will a game/scrimmage be televised?
    1. DomWorld_Peace's Avatar
      DomWorld_Peace -
      rokulika said: View Post
      They're installing FieldTurf in HRS. That's why the venue will be unavailable.
      Where did you see this?