CanesInSight - Podcast: Impact of Willis departure, fan questions, & more
  • Podcast: Impact of Willis departure, fan questions, & more

    Bakas Conspiracy Theory...-realcis-jpg



    In this edition of the CanesInSight podcast presented by CanesWear, I hit on a number of hot topics including Gerald Willis' departure and the impact it will have on Miami's defensive line, Paradise Camp, Jeff Thomas and Mike Harley, Josh Jobe and Gilbert Frierson's visit last week, and much more.



    This article was originally published in forum thread: Podcast: Impact of Willis departure, fan questions, & more started by Peter Ariz View original post
    Comments 24 Comments
    1. nbrunner38's Avatar
      nbrunner38 -
      Anyone else having issues getting this to play?
    1. CaneGang757's Avatar
      CaneGang757 -
      What happened to the Jobe interview?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. Peter Ariz's Avatar
      Peter Ariz -
      CaneGang757 said: View Post
      What happened to the Jobe interview?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Nothing "happened". We just haven't been able to lock down a date/time good for both of us. Hopefully next week when I get back in town
    1. Jgoody32's Avatar
      Jgoody32 -
      Great information as usual Pete.
    1. nbrunner38's Avatar
      nbrunner38 -
      Pete, between JT, Cager and Mullins, do you have a favorite to win the 2 spot assuming berrios is locked in at the slot?
    1. Liberty City El's Avatar
      Liberty City El -
      What's the word on Tyreic Martin?

      He should be ready to go & get some snaps this season right?
    1. brock's Avatar
      brock -
      Liberty City El said: View Post
      What's the word on Tyreic Martin?

      He should be ready to go & get some snaps this season right?
      This is what richt said yesterday. Looks like he's making progress


      Richt expressed confidence about sophomore Pat Bethel, who “gained weight and strength” after moving from end. Little-used redshirt sophomore Ryan Fines, Richt said, “could give us some quality snaps.” Redshirt freshman Tyreic Martin, he said, is “starting to make some strong improvement. And of course having guys like [Kendrick] Norton and [R.J.] McIntosh is tremendous. We’ve got some good edge rushers.”

      Mark Richt confident about Miami Hurricanes DTs, even without Gerald Willis | Canes Watch
    1. "U"crazy's Avatar
      "U"cra... -
      nbrunner38 said: View Post
      Anyone else having issues getting this to play?
      Yes
    1. 5XNC's Avatar
      5XNC -
      They aren't fighting for the 2 spot. Cager will most likely be opposite Richards and berrios will most likely start the slot. JT and Harley will also garner time in the slot.
    1. Cane Dynasty's Avatar
      Cane Dynasty -
    1. Cribby's Avatar
      Cribby -
      Liberty City El said: View Post
      What's the word on Tyreic Martin?

      He should be ready to go & get some snaps this season right?
      I was going to ask the same question but had a complete brain fart. Couldn't think of his name lol.
    1. Peter Ariz's Avatar
      Peter Ariz -
      Cribby said: View Post
      Liberty City El said: View Post
      What's the word on Tyreic Martin?

      He should be ready to go & get some snaps this season right?
      I was going to ask the same question but had a complete brain fart. Couldn't think of his name lol.
      I'd be surprised if Martin was an impact guy this year but I could be wrong
    1. Peter Ariz's Avatar
      Peter Ariz -
      "U"crazy said: View Post
      nbrunner38 said: View Post
      Anyone else having issues getting this to play?
      Yes
      Not sure why. I've checked multiple times and it should be working. It's also on iTunes if you want to try it there
    1. nbrunner38's Avatar
      nbrunner38 -
      I actually had to download the app this time to get it to work. Worked well afterwards
    1. jackbenimble71's Avatar
      jackbenimble71 -
      So Gilbert will be at Paradise camp .....
    1. nbrunner38's Avatar
      nbrunner38 -
      5XNC said: View Post
      They aren't fighting for the 2 spot. Cager will most likely be opposite Richards and berrios will most likely start the slot. JT and Harley will also garner time in the slot.
      That's what I'm thinking as well. Cager brings a different type of threat than anyone else. It does appear that everyone is buying the JT4 hype which idk if I was expecting that. All that coupled with Mullins being my favorite recruit from 2016 so I'm obviously hoping he does big things at the U
    1. Cribby's Avatar
      Cribby -
      Peter Ariz said: View Post
      Cribby said: View Post
      Liberty City El said: View Post
      What's the word on Tyreic Martin?

      He should be ready to go & get some snaps this season right?
      I was going to ask the same question but had a complete brain fart. Couldn't think of his name lol.
      I'd be surprised if Martin was an impact guy this year but I could be wrong
      With Willis gone you still don't expect some snaps? Or will ford jump him immediately?
    1. nbrunner38's Avatar
      nbrunner38 -
      Cribby said: View Post
      Peter Ariz said: View Post
      Cribby said: View Post
      Liberty City El said: View Post
      What's the word on Tyreic Martin?

      He should be ready to go & get some snaps this season right?
      I was going to ask the same question but had a complete brain fart. Couldn't think of his name lol.
      I'd be surprised if Martin was an impact guy this year but I could be wrong
      With Willis gone you still don't expect some snaps? Or will ford jump him immediately?
      Im hoping R.Fines makes some noise in camp and can offer some quality snaps as the #5 or #6 DT
    1. Peter Ariz's Avatar
      Peter Ariz -
      jackbenimble71 said: View Post
      So Gilbert will be at Paradise camp .....
      As of now yes
    1. Peter Ariz's Avatar
      Peter Ariz -
      Cribby said: View Post
      Peter Ariz said: View Post
      Cribby said: View Post
      Liberty City El said: View Post
      What's the word on Tyreic Martin?

      He should be ready to go & get some snaps this season right?
      I was going to ask the same question but had a complete brain fart. Couldn't think of his name lol.
      I'd be surprised if Martin was an impact guy this year but I could be wrong
      With Willis gone you still don't expect some snaps? Or will ford jump him immediately?
      Getting snaps and being and impact guy are two different things.