• Jhavonte Dean update

    Southern Rock-img_0094-jpg


    Junior college cornerback Jhavonte Dean is slated to visit Miami next weekend.

    I just spoke with a family member of Dean's and asked if he thought a flip to Miami from Alabama was coming, and he responded, "he will, probably after his visit."

    Miami is looking to add Dean to their defensive backs class, as Manny Diaz, Mike Rumph, and Ephraim Banda all having gone to see him before the dead period. He is currently in Miami and has been working out with 2018 Canes commit D.J. Ivey this week.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Jhavonte Dean update started by Peter Ariz View original post
    Comments 112 Comments
    1. cane since birth's Avatar
      cane since birth -
      ilovelamp51 said: View Post
      Ohio_Cane said: View Post
      You just watch this last night? Cuz I did lol
      Honestly the board feels a little down.. felt like it could use a little Maverick today.

      /have plans to watch tonight lol
      that was on the other night, nothing is like tom cruise fukking up mofos in a jet with tim robbins in the back
    1. JerseyCanes's Avatar
      JerseyCanes -
      MIA42178 said: View Post
      probably DeeJay's ace
      I think the "ace" is on offense...

      Dean is the field corner we sorely need ...

      JC


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. SoFlaSmitty's Avatar
      SoFlaSmitty -
      He is pissed he didnt get the Dodge from bama like the other juco
    1. Al Foil's Avatar
      Al Foil -
      There are at least 7 SFLA 4 star CB's next year that we have a shot at...

      Al Blades
      Gilbert Frierson
      Tyson Campbell
      Patrick Surtain
      Asante Samuel
      DJ Ivey


      It's boderline ridiculous.

      All of them are better prospects than Chris Henderson. The only 2017 that would make that list is CB Trajan Bandy.
    1. cmike73's Avatar
      cmike73 -
      Cribby said: View Post
      Any relation to Jimmy?
      You wanting to taste his sausage?
    1. Al Foil's Avatar
      Al Foil -
      There are at least 7 SFLA 4 star CB's next year that we have a shot at...

      Al Blades
      Gilbert Frierson
      Tyson Campbell
      Patrick Surtain
      Asante Samuel
      DJ Ivey


      It's boderline ridiculous.

      All of them are better prospects than Chris Henderson. The only 2017 that would make that list is CB Trajan Bandy.
    1. Canedog's Avatar
      Canedog -
      We back?
    1. kryptonite's Avatar
      kryptonite -
      Ohio_Cane said: View Post
      Panda.

      That's what's up.
    1. KrazyCane's Avatar
      KrazyCane -
      FS - Redwine
      SS - JJ
      CB - Dean or Deejay
      CB - Malek Young
      NB - Bandy

      * had to edit forgot about my guy Malek, I think he will have one of the corner spots locked up.
    1. nycane's Avatar
      nycane -
      man, shows how bad the past staff was that Miami is in desperate need at CB and Wr. wtf.

      im not sure Deejay will play defense but this kid is a huge get and we flipped him from Bama. (reporters will claim he was dropped lol)
      we need 3-4 CB's this class. Young, Redwine, and maybe michael jackson are only ones who will play and do much.
      at safety we are loading up. JJ is a stud, knowles can contribute. then we have wright, finley, amari, smith, gibson,etc. this defense
      is loading up man. im excite.
    1. MIA42178's Avatar
      MIA42178 -
      JerseyCanes said: View Post
      MIA42178 said: View Post
      probably DeeJay's ace
      I think the "ace" is on offense...

      Dean is the field corner we sorely need ...

      JC


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes. But I was kidding
    1. blackvern's Avatar
      blackvern -
      its obvious that he can fly....i hope he has the physical part down..the only thing im questioning is how physical he is at corner
    1. CanesAreAble's Avatar
      CanesAreAble -
      blackvern said: View Post
      its obvious that he can fly....i hope he has the physical part down..the only thing im questioning is how physical he is at corner

      Rumph will get him right.
    1. CANESRUSX5's Avatar
      CANESRUSX5 -
      Billy Gibson just flipped the script - not even worried about that 1-He probably got his feelings hurt cuz he's not getting petted by the staff . Truth be known , MR probably is happy bout it too . Just opens up another slot for 1 hell of a close . This staff is all about business and damn , how refreshing is that ? This may push Edwards back our way as MR and staff really like him. Me too for that matter .

      Boys the iron is hot and watch how this staff strikes the day dead period ends. They gonna be in Maryland to close out McFarland -Will cruise through VA to solidify Conliffe's OV-Will head on over to OKIE to offer that stud WR/TE and get his OV and shoot on up to Ill. to knock Lovie Smith out the box for Thomas and on way home stop by Bama and sell Bateman and his folks before he OV's.

      Watch what I tell ya -Richt and some staff will end in the top 10 for recruiting and this class ends as a Grand Slam we been waiting on .Oh sht-forgot the stop in the Bayou to start putting the close on Smith-That's MR's boy right there I just see this 1 coming. Maybe Echols and his cuz to-IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1. LuCane's Avatar
      LuCane -
      Al Foil said: View Post
      There are at least 7 SFLA 4 star CB's next year that we have a shot at...

      Al Blades
      Gilbert Frierson
      Tyson Campbell
      Patrick Surtain
      Asante Samuel
      DJ Ivey


      It's boderline ridiculous.

      All of them are better prospects than Chris Henderson. The only 2017 that would make that list is CB Trajan Bandy.
      Frierson should be considered a star Safety prospect.
    1. CANESRUSX5's Avatar
      CANESRUSX5 -
      Al Foil said: View Post
      There are at least 7 SFLA 4 star CB's next year that we have a shot at...

      Al Blades
      Gilbert Frierson
      Tyson Campbell
      Patrick Surtain
      Asante Samuel
      DJ Ivey


      It's boderline ridiculous.

      All of them are better prospects than Chris Henderson. The only 2017 that would make that list is CB Trajan Bandy.
      Look here -after MR does the damn thing to close this class out ,we kick ass and the ever love sht out those fags in HASSEE-That talent there and many others will be lined up to play for THE "U' again .Won't have to do near the chasing and scrambling after this class .
    1. teddywestside's Avatar
      teddywestside -
      My ideal 2018 DB class:

      CB:
      Blades
      Jobe
      Ivey

      S:
      Frierson
      Gurvan Hall
      Campbell
    1. calinative umstudent's Avatar
      calinative umstu... -
      If he shows up and tackles, there's no way this dude doesn't start.
      Think the best 4-5 start, which is why I think Redwine starts at Safety this year, and Bandy starts at Nickel.

      CB: Dean > Ryan Mayes
      S: Redwine > Romeo Finley
      Nickel: Bandy > Deejay Dallas
      S: Jaquan > Amari Carter
      CB: Malek Young > Michael Jackson

      Also really wouldn't be surprised to see Jaquan play some nickel this year if Redwine is moved to safety or Finley/Carter really step up. I just think the positions may be a little interchangeable and the best 5 will see the field a lot.
    1. canedotcom's Avatar
      canedotcom -
      Reported!!
      For being positive.

      [QUOTE=CANESRUSX5;2774447]Billy Gibson just flipped the script
    1. DiegoCane's Avatar
      DiegoCane -
      calinative umstudent said: View Post
      If he shows up and tackles, there's no way this dude doesn't start.
      Think the best 4-5 start, which is why I think Redwine starts at Safety this year, and Bandy starts at Nickel.

      CB: Dean > Ryan Mayes
      S: Redwine > Romeo Finley
      Nickel: Bandy > Deejay Dallas
      S: Jaquan > Amari Carter
      CB: Malek Young > Michael Jackson

      Also really wouldn't be surprised to see Jaquan play some nickel this year if Redwine is moved to safety or Finley/Carter really step up. I just think the positions may be a little interchangeable and the best 5 will see the field a lot.
      Neither Redwine or Jaquan are SS so they won't be the S duo IMO.

      SS will be between Knowles, Finley, Wright, Carter, Smith
      FS will be JJ, Redwine (if moved), James

      Not a fan of either groupings over talent/depth. I think DJ would be a great FS prospect which might be the plan. Brian Edwards would be a big get as well.