Marc Trestman

Advertisement
as a bears fan **** no, i couldnt imagine the guy trying to recruit high school kids down in miami

I remember when everyone thought it was a huge miss we had by passing on a future NFL coach...

they've looked like ****

Advertisement
I think he'd be a fantastic hire. X's and O's guy, great coaching pedigree, knows Miami, experience as a Head Coach at the highest level.... what's not to like?

He would be our most qualified coach since Butch.

I know he didn't do great as a nfl HC, but college is different. Look at Saben! Everybody knows how well he did at Miami. Lol!

Advertisement
Give him an Asst HC/DC that knows the florida college landscape (Leavitt) and keep Coley as nominal Offensive Coordinator, and this is an idea I could really get behind.

As a Bears fan watching and listening to this guy is painful. He is full of odd phrases and ideas...very cerebral. The people here will destroy him....he may be a good guy but he has no "vibe" at all.

picture that guy in a SFla diva's kid living room competing against Jimbo and U***'s new hire

Advertisement
I can't believe people are still hung up on this guy. Golden was a huge mistake but Trestman is not the answer. They are ready to run him out of town in Chicago.

I think Trestman would be fine as an X/O coach w/ the offense in college. But I'm not confident he'd hire a capable D.C. And Miami would get killed in recruiting with Trestman at the helm - especially with the fact he to recruit.

Advertisement
Would be a home run hire. Trestman is an offensive genius who really simplifies the passing game for his QBs. Kaaya would be prolific in a Trestman offense.

The problems in Chicago this year are OL (injuries), Jay Cutler, and the defensive coaching/scheme (predictable base cover 3 w/ limited talent = turnstile). Part of the blame lies with Trestman for sticking with Cutler and Mel Tucker (DC) despite evidence that they should be let go. I guess that is similar to the Golden/D'Onofrio debacle in a way but Trestman is a much much better Xs & Os guy so I trust him to figure it out.

Regardless, Trestman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Schiano or Butch or Cristobal or whomever else the casual fans on this board like

I think he'd be a fantastic hire. X's and O's guy, great coaching pedigree, knows CANADA, experience as a Head Coach at the highest level.... what's not to like?

He would be our most qualified coach since Butch.

FIFY. Dude was down here like 40 years ago and even then was spending the majority of his time in law school. His "knowledge" of Miami would be exposed the moment he asks "What happened to The Bakery Centre?".

Advertisement
Back