Mario Cristobal

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
Does anyone buy that his two years under Saban has polished him as HC material?

Advertisement
Pretty sure he's made some good connections and added to his resume for his next coaching stint during his time with Saban. Smart career move by him getting away from Golden.

Pretty sure he's made some good connections and added to his resume for his next coaching stint during his time with Saban. Smart career move by him getting away from Golden.

i dont blame him. he was probably here 5 minutes and realized golden sucked.

**** yeah....he already has head coaching experience. Learning under Saban will assist in preparing him for his next HC opportunity. Learn from the best. Same with Kiffin.

Advertisement
I suspect, had he stayed at FIU with solid success, he would be on some people's UM short lists now. And that is without the Saban exposure.

I am not promoting Mario, but FIU forgot they were FIU when they let him go.

Saban's wife has been with him longer than Cristobal.

Maybe we should hire her if being in proximity enables one to absorb experience and knowledge to become a good head coach.

Advertisement
I would welcome Mario I think he really had a bad AD ...

You can't go wrong being around someone who has built a monster of a program

Mario knows miami and what it is about ... I believe he will and would be hella aggressive
And come in with a chip on his shoulder

Can someone please tell me what the infatuation is with Mario freaking Cristobal? What has he done to earn this job or are we just giving this job away to anyone who is willing to apply?

Honestly, not really blown away with what he did at fiu. alot of his success was based around one player, TY Hilton. my gut tells me butch davis is the right choice. i was just looking for feedback.

What is he good at?

X's & O's? Recruiting? Development? Motivation? Innovation? I just don't see it.

The stint at FIU isn't proof he can handle the Miami job. I think he'd do better than Golden, simply because he understands the culture of South Florida, but we have to do better than that.

Advertisement
Wouldnt surprise me one bit if he was hired when golden gets sh¡t canned, now that would be a in between hire, the question would be who he would hire as DC and what they will run, he is a good recruiter, he could be a slam dunk hire but he can be another golden or radio

Advertisement
How have others in the Sabah coaching tree done and how long were they with Sabah? That is the first thing I would look at when determining wether "Sabah exposure" is really a difference maker.

My suspicion is that it would get you what we already have: a detail oriented executive with a solid system in place but not a ton of schematic insight or the all-important intangible ability to get kids to play above their level and win big games.

Advertisement
Back