Mark Dantonio

tomi

Freshman
Premium
I read all the coaching options people throw out like chud, butch, schiano, stoops, richrod, and even some utah guy. How about Mark Dantonio? He has a GREAT defensive mind but his offense is also really good. Does anyone other than me think he would be a amazing hire?
Sure MSU is good but im confident that if he got offered a job at Miami he would take it quick.

Advertisement
Every single person here KNOWS he would be amazing. Every single person here KNOWS he isn't coming. He's a B1G guy.

Advertisement
He is in a GREAT spot right

Miami fans need to realize that this isn't a destination job...not gonna get the A list of coaches to come here

That's why it's more likely that a former Coordonator or small school successful coach will get a chance here...

Miami fans need to realize that this isn't a destination job...not gonna get the A list of coaches to come here

That's why it's more likely that a former Coordonator or small school successful coach will get a chance here...

I refuse to believe that Miami isn't a desirable job for these reasons:
1. Recruiting is amazing
2. History & Tradition
3. Our roster is very very good
4. Brad Kaaya
5. You get to live in one of the most beautiful cities in America.

Every single person here KNOWS he would be amazing. Every single person here KNOWS he isn't coming. He's a B1G guy.

I don't know why he wouldn't consider the job. Pay him the proper amount and then show him what it is like to live in Coral Gables over East ***ING Lansing.

Last edited:

Potato

Advertisement

1. Recruiting is amazing
2. History & Tradition
4. Brad Kaaya

If this was as great a job as you say it is, then why have we literally NEVER hired an A-Lister to come run the show?

It is a great job for the right person but as we have all found out it takes a really different type of dude to come in and get it done.

I don't know why he wouldn't consider the job. Pay him the proper amount and tell show him what it is like to live in Coral Gables over East ***ING Lansing.

He would consider for the proper money, but MSU would match anything we would be able to offer AND we have never shown the willingness to get in bidding wars for these high profile guys. He just isn't a realistic name for us right now.

1. Recruiting is amazing
2. History & Tradition
4. Brad Kaaya

If this was as great a job as you say it is, then why have we literally NEVER hired an A-Lister to come run the show?

It is a great job for the right person but as we have all found out it takes a really different type of dude to come in and get it done.

If we wanted a A-Lister we could get one. But, we take take teh cheap option rather than the smart option.

Advertisement

I don't know why he wouldn't consider the job. Pay him the proper amount and tell show him what it is like to live in Coral Gables over East ***ING Lansing.

He would consider for the proper money, but MSU would match anything we would be able to offer AND we have never shown the willingness to get in bidding wars for these high profile guys. He just isn't a realistic name for us right now.

Blah blah blah blah. I suggest you check out the money myth thread.

If D'Antonio is your top choice (for our school) then make HIM turn you down. Go after him and give it everything.

I don't know why he wouldn't consider the job. Pay him the proper amount and then show him what it is like to live in Coral Gables over East ***ING Lansing.

Could UM pay him 4 millionish?

Yes. I suggest you checkout the money myth thread.

UM is just stupid and illogical. That is our ONLY problem.

LANE KIFFIN

boom.gif

Advertisement

1. Recruiting is amazing
2. History & Tradition
4. Brad Kaaya

If we wanted a A-Lister we could get one. But, we take take teh cheap option rather than the smart option.

Correct.

Would be a good hire if we could get him. Even better would be Charlie Strong. In both cases, though, be tough to get them to come here. Not saying anything is impossible.

Dantonio knows, as does everyone in the country, that he will never, EVER win a national title at MSU. He will never get the talent necessary to do so. At a school like Miami he could win multiple. Pay him 4 mil and pay for whoever he wants on staff, and you probably get it. Don't know what his APR at MSU is though, and at this school, thats the number one concern.

Advertisement
Back