Game #5 & #6: Charlotte 11/23 @ 9:00PM ESPN2 and 11/25 @9:00

Consigliere

All-American
So game 5 and 6 we play Charlotte (technically game 6 is a road game). This has to be one of the dumbest ways to schedule an opponent but what can you do.

Charlotte is 3-0 (0-0), last year they went 17-14 (7-9) in Conference USA. It's still early so it's difficult to see or get a feel for Charlotte.

Who have they played?

Elon 1-1
Penn State 3-1
South Carolina 2-2

Players to watch?

Pierria Henry (Guard/Sr.): 10.7 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 6.3 RPG and 1.7 SPG
Braxton Ogbueze (Guard/So.): 17.3 PPG, 2.3 APG, 2.3 RPG and 1.0 SPG
Mike Thorne Jr. (Center/Jr.): 13.7 PPG, 11.0 RPG and 1.3 BPG

Spread: Miami -8.0 (ESPN had it wrong at -9.5)

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Tuesday game is on TV too. It's on Fox Sports South, Fox Sports FL and some other Fox Sports channels.

I've been unable to watch the previous games because of work and other commitments, but tonight's my night. Goin' down to the local tavern. They've got great chips and salsa or wings if I'm a bit more hungry. My takeaway so far from highlights and box scores:

Angel and Jekiri have exceeded my expectations. McClellan has not scored quite as much as I had expected, but he seems to be a much better rebounder and passer. Manu is unspectacular but quite solid. The three true freshmen have contributed more than I thought they would and give us pretty good depth. I am looking forward to seeing Burnett, whenever he returns to action.

I've been unable to watch the previous games because of work and other commitments, but tonight's my night. Goin' down to the local tavern. They've got great chips and salsa or wings if I'm a bit more hungry. My takeaway so far from highlights and box scores:

Angel and Jekiri have exceeded my expectations. McClellan has not scored quite as much as I had expected, but he seems to be a much better rebounder and passer. Manu is unspectacular but quite solid. The three true freshmen have contributed more than I thought they would and give us pretty good depth. I am looking forward to seeing Burnett, whenever he returns to action.

Spot on about jakiri and angel. Mclellans still finding his place, but is good enough to take over a game. Manu does exactly what he should, and Newton is a beast(star in the making). Palmer is a solid 3/swing 4, and burnetts been hurt.

Our D can be stifling at times. Good depth all over the court, but man it'd be nice to have reed...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is there some sort of ESPN pre-requisite to always assign broadcasters with obvious anti-Miami bias to every game they cover regardless of sport?

I expect Burnett to really make a splash once he gets healthier.

Newton very promising.

Advertisement
We can't run a **** 3-2 matchup if manu isn't paying attention and the opposite guard isn't calling the **** swing

Advertisement
I feel like i'm watching a Frank Haith coached team trying to defend the three. On another note, Rodriguez is playing completely out of control

Charlotte is playing very well and we are still winning. I like our chances in the 2nd half.

They weren't by most of the national pundits, but we are going to look back in three years and say that Newton, Palmer and Sherman were a top recruiting class nationally

Advertisement
Back