We play Charlotte on Sunday and Tuesday?

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Why in the world did we schedule Charlotte on Tuesday in Charlotte, when there was a chance we could meet them in the finals of the tournament in Charleston (which happened)? Just seems a bit odd.

Advertisement
This is really weird. Also, why is the College of Charleston not in the Charleston Classic (which is being hosted at the College of Charleston)?

They said Charleston was in Puerto Rico, playing in that tournament. Was Charleston in it when we won it in 2009 or 2010? Whenever we won it, when we beat South Carolina.

Even funnier, the College of Charleston website about the TD Arena, has a picture of the Canes balling.

http://www.cofcsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=717604

XHVRLNKGSGTYSRT.20131119033028.JPG

Advertisement
Why in the world did we schedule Charlotte on Tuesday in Charlotte, when there was a chance we could meet them in the finals of the tournament in Charleston (which happened)? Just seems a bit odd.

Technically the second game v. Charlotte is still part of the Charleston Classic. It is just a "non-bracket" game. My guess is that it was just the tournament's way to guarantee everyone at least 3 games. The bracket just worked out so that we play them twice. They are a decent squad though and it is always tough to beat a team twice so it will be a good challenge for Coach L. and the boys.

Even funnier, the College of Charleston website about the TD Arena, has a picture of the Canes balling.

http://www.cofcsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=717604

View attachment 27433
That picture is from last year against Charleston in the Wooden Legacy Classic, when we beat them 70-54, and then went out to Anaheim to finish the tournament.

It just seems like a poor choice of picture for a College of Charleston website. They have to have a picture where their players are more prominent. know what I'm saying? If that was on Miami's website it would seem normal.

yes its tacked on to the tournament and in essence gives us an exempt (i.e. free) game. That was the risk we took when the staff scheduled it but as Konkol told me its like the NBA where you can play the same team twice in the same week. It's good experience against a quality opponent for the kids and helps the resume if you beat em twice.

Advertisement
I am thinking about going to the game on Tuesday here in Charlotte, tickets are cheap and I live 5 minutes from UNCC. I might be the only canes fan in the building.

Advertisement
Back