After Watching FSU -v- Louisville last night...

SFbayCane

All American
I think FSU is ripe for an upset. I also think UM has the athletes to do it. We are literally a set of ********s on mark dorito away from beating FSU this season. If we can just get dorito to let our kids play defense against FSU the way they did against Duke, I think UM wins in a shoot out at home.

This game could be 41 - 38 UM.

FSU's defense is sub par. We can score on them at will if we bring our A game.

Thoughts??

Advertisement
They will drop 40+ on us and will take away Duke, and force Kaaya to beat them. Kid is special but that's a tall order. Also, FSU has so much more team speed on offense versus our slow Big 10 defense, it could get ugly quickly.

not happening...b/c we don't have the gameday coach to do so.

Tough to argue to the contrary. Golden has been known to nut up against good teams. That said, this year's FSU team is very beatable and UM has enough horses to do it.

Will they? Again, I think we are a set of balls on our defensive play caller(s) away from it happening. Anyone know if there is a cosmetic surgery process on the market that will allow us to have ********s surgically implanted into golden and dorito?? :)

Advertisement
is everyone forgetting that we could very possibly lose tomorrow?

Im not seeing it. UNC is a very bad team. We'll hang 50+ on them. Im looking for a HUGE offensive output tomorrow.

That said, the UNC game is immaterial to our ability to beat FSU in two weeks.

Its not even a question to me. We have the athletes to beat FSU. But I know we wont, Not with Golden and Co.

I think FSU is ripe for an upset. I also think UM has the athletes to do it. We are literally a set of ********s on mark dorito away from beating FSU this season. If we can just get dorito to let our kids play defense against FSU the way they did against Duke, I think UM wins in a shoot out at home.

This game could be 41 - 38 UM

FSU's defense is sub par. We can score on them at will if we bring our A game.

Thoughts??

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-A-Chance-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

The game last night was apparently the highest rated one all year on eSECpn. Amazing how nobody cares about ACC football, huh?

Advertisement
We can definitely beat them.

Don't forget you throw away all logic in rivalry games.

You think Perryman and Duke want to leave UM without beating FSU?

Can't wait for the 15th!

Tough to argue to the contrary. Golden has been known to nut up against good teams. That said, this year's FSU team is very beatable and UM has enough horses to do it.

Will they? Again, I think we are a set of balls on our defensive play caller(s) away from it happening. Anyone know if there is a cosmetic surgery process on the market that will allow us to have ********s surgically implanted into golden and dorito?? :)

first off, giving love to you from the 707, my guy. second, back to the issue at hand, imma be honest w/ you....we could've beat FSU last year if we had a ball coach that knows how to make 2nd half adjustments. we had FSU on the ropes last year and we folded in the 2nd half. we can say what we want to say about Dumbo Fisher, but the man makes adjustments after half-time and that's why they are undefeated. FSU has talent, sure...but we are not light years away from them like Golden and the "Cloud Theorist" would like for us to believe to justify the sub-par performance of this coaching staff. FSU is definitely not untouchable...but we don't have the guy that can put the dent in their armour.

Advertisement
We can definitely beat them.

Don't forget you throw away all logic in rivalry games.

You think Perryman and Duke want to leave UM without beating FSU?

Can't wait for the 15th!

I didn't realize they coached from the sidelines.

Hope I'm wrong but I haven't seen anything to make me think it will be anything but a blowout. We most likely get beat this weak IMO.

fsu is totally beatable. any decent team with a decent coach has a shot against them. nc state took them to the wire. they should have lost to ND, they should have lost last night, they keep getting lucky. that said, its gonna take a **** near perfect game from our players, since our coaches dont do ANYTHING to help them out. theyre gonna score AT WILL against us so we're gonna have to keep pace and hope they turn it over or shoot themselves in the foot or just have a bad game. it also really, really doesnt help our cause that flowers is out. theyre gonna stack the box, force us to throw, and probably blitz the sh** out of kaaya, so our OL better have the game of their lives. really wish they would have lost to louisville last night, sucks theyre still undefeated and if we dont beat them they are in the playoff. hopefully when they finally play a good team theyll buckle

Advertisement
Something to keep in mind is that FSU will get more and more complacent as the weeks go on. Not their fault really, we saw this with the 2002 Canes. They were riding a huge winning streak and got used to showing up and winning. FSU has had to turn on the jets in the fourth quarter twice 3X this season to stay undefeated.

The ONLY way we can have a shot FSU this year is them overlooking us and we take advantage of that. If they treat is like a rivalry game to gain more of OUR recruits, then we are going to be toasted by the second quarter.

first off, giving love to you from the 707, my guy. second, back to the issue at hand, imma be honest w/ you....we could've beat FSU last year if we had a ball coach that knows how to make 2nd half adjustments. we had FSU on the ropes last year and we folded in the 2nd half. we can say what we want to say about Dumbo Fisher, but the man makes adjustments after half-time and that's why they are undefeated. FSU has talent, sure...but we are not light years away from them like Golden and the "Cloud Theorist" would like for us to believe to justify the sub-par performance of this coaching staff. FSU is definitely not untouchable...but we don't have the guy that can put the dent in their armour.

I don't get it. Some fans claim:
1. we don't have the talent to match with FSU.
2. we can't recruit like them
3. we don't develop like them
4. our coaches suck
5. our scheme sucks

But yet we think we should have beaten them last year! When they had a much better team? If we don't it's all the coaches fault.

I think FSU has more depth and overall talent than us but I don't think their coaches are anything special. They've been winning a lot of close games that should not be even close on paper. Without Winston they would still be a 2-3 loss team that they were before he started. I think our players can match up with them and win at home. I love college football because anything can happened, that is what gives me hope and entertainment. We've lost some games that we should have won but we've also won a few games that a lot of people did not expect us to win, that is why I get excited for these rivalry games regardless of the rankings.

Advertisement
Back