South Florida Talent

NVA CANE

All-American
If you missed the UL/FSU game, then you missed two teams littered with south Florida talent. It was a mix of highly recruited kids and kids passed up by the big 3, many making an impact on both sides of the ball.

Look the whole NCAA thing had an impact but just by watching the game last night you realize how many players the staff has missed on. There is such a large pool of talent that even if you miss on some studs you can make up for it in some hidden gems. ULs defense was filled with players miami missed on or didn't want. FSUs offense was filled with studs we wanted but missed on. And all of them, from both teams impacted the game.

Very frustrating watching south Florida players succeeding at other programs. We will never get them all, nor should we expect to, but seeing so many players dominating for other programs. This **** hurts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Overrated according to some on this board. It's incredible how Miami gets kids who don't know to look for the football in the air because they receive such poor coaching in high school (according to some morons on this board) but FSU can land kids from the same area with similar coaching who are capable of making big-time plays as freshman in prime time games late in the season against a very solid team. Hrm, wonder what the difference is?

What exactly is the major surprise here though? It was a game between a school from Florida that truly has been "trending up" against another school whose primary South Florida recruiter is now mysteriously unemployable on the college level? Not saying it excuses our player development but the rosters last night were of little surprise.

Makes me feel sick seeing all those guys that got away from Miami or weren't even highly recruited.

Advertisement
You can have your consistent top 5 rankings and National Championships, we only want "True Canes"

I spent the whole night pointing out all the SoFl players we missed on and that were committed, but chose to go elsewhere. Until we bring in a HC that can close on area star recruits and win big games against quality opponents, we will become further irrelevant. Our situation is dire and the rise of the SEC in conjunction with ESPN requires that we take huge steps starting with a championship caliber coach like Butch Davis or Greg Schiano.

Advertisement
I'm pretty firm in the Al needs to go camp based on empirical data. Sadly I don't think the school has the cojones to can him.

I say all of this because last night we witnessed two teams with similar rosters to ours go toe to toe in an old school war. We have the talent to compete at this level but never will with big game Al. So my attention now is on roster preservation and building for a new coach in 2016, the earliest i think a change will happen given the current limp wrist administration. If we hope to keep our 2015 class together, golden has to show something that he hasnt shown in 3 1/2 years: the abilty to show up for a meaningful game against a decent school. I don't know how we survive another year if we get blown out by FSU. The fan base is at an all time low and if Golden closes this year like every other since he's been here, the noise is going to be defining. The results or lack thereof on the field will spill over to recruiting. We already lose tons of blue chip talent for this reason but imagine if we start losing guys like Duke?

As im resigned to the current bums returning, I at least hope they show enough to keep a decent class so the next guys isnt starting from scratch in 2016. There is no debate that UL is in a rebuild year after replacing a winning coach and 1st round QB but they still looked **** good and will probably have a better year this year than Alverage has had in his life. If we can't even keep it as tight as off brand Louisville, I fear we will be in horrific shape when al is finally canned.

In conclusion, it's pathetic that the best we can hope for under golden is moral victories. He should be fired ASAP but instead we are reduced to hoping his inevitable failure isn't so bad that it embarrasses us. That said, we need 15 to be a good class for our return under new managment.

Horrible.

Holliman mouf full of gol teef prolly scared Folden it had to be a culture shocc first time seeing jits 10 11em years old riding bicycles with a K and semi automatic to football practice..... ***** real in the field.....

I kidding..... or am I?

Holliman mouf full of gol teef prolly scared Folden it had to be a culture shocc first time seeing jits 10 11em years old riding bicycles with a K and semi automatic to football practice..... ****s real in the field.....

I kidding..... or am I?

Thank you based god?

Advertisement
NO I dont believe we missed out on gems. These kids were DEVELOPED. Some of them are stars, dont get me wrong. But I see a good majority of those kids that Louisville had are of the same ability of our guys. They just were developed under Strong and now under Grantham. If we can get a stronger DC and coaches who have strong backgrounds, we can be able to develop more of our talent to help us win too.

How many Dade kids has Louisville signed in its last two classes? How about FSU the last two years? Let's Davin Cook, who had a big game last night. And Jesus Cook who is a nice slot receiver but nothing spectacular. But at this point I'll take Yearby over Cook because he fits better in our zone read offense, especially with Scarlett and Walton coming in next year. And BTW, Keith Bryant and Matthwe Thomas have been disappointments to this point.

At UL and FSU these kids receive proper coaching, proper S and C, an actual nutrition program, and don't have to go have an elite APR ranking. At Miami they do.

A lot of these kids were NCAA qualifiers but not Miami qualifiers. We have higher standards and it has ****ed us in the *** a million times, despite not being a top academic institution at all.

This isn't about Dono and his ****** defense, or Corch Corley's 3rd down rate.....Its about the fact that the program you see is the one Donna and company want.

Advertisement
And the best players on FSU, except for Greene and O'Leary, are all out of state kids. And most of them were 5-stars. And it is fixing to equal out here. FSU loses 4 of 5offensive line starters, Greene, O'Leary and Winston (who is 100% guaranteed to declare). And I would suspect that Goldman, Edwards and Williams to declare for sure, and possibly Darby as well.

How many Dade kids has Louisville signed in its last two classes? How about FSU the last two years? Let's Davin Cook, who had a big game last night. And Jesus Cook who is a nice slot receiver but nothing spectacular. But at this point I'll take Yearby over Cook because he fits better in our zone read offense, especially with Scarlett and Walton coming in next year. And BTW, Keith Bryant and Matthwe Thomas have been disappointments to this point.

A few things:

1. We're in DADE. We're supposed to have a majority from SF. This isn't what people are complaining about either. People want more kids from SF since the talent base is RICH and it is easier to recruit (i.e. get in a car and go watch). UL and FSU can't just do this with the ease like Miami can. Since it is easier and the talent base is rich, we need to scout better before we go OOS to get someone. Not only that, what is the point of the Al Golden camp if we can't pinpoint these kids and find them early?

2. Ignoring the ELITE KIDS (which is difficult because we lose so many), people have a gripe (legit one) because of the following:
[Not all of these are on the current staff]

Holliman,
S. Moore,
B. Hart,
Burgess,
D. Freeman,
R. Greene,
Gaines,
J. Wilson,
E. Rogers, and
I. McKenzie

They go to other schools and do pretty darn good. Why didn't we get them? We have the Al Golden camps.

I'm not bringing up kids like Bryant, Cook, Lane, Thomas, Rudolph, Bridgewater, Dixon, Cooper etc. because those are the ultra elite kids (even though we should do better in this department). I'm just saying that we tend to miss on a lot of good kids that do really well locally in HS.

Please note what my post is not saying:

A. I'm not expecting to get every elite kid in SF. I'm expecting to do better though.

B. I'm not expecting to get ever kid (in general) in SF. I'm not mad at the staff missing some either. I get a little ticked off though when we tend to miss a lot especially when they're dominating at the HS level. Those names above are just a small example of the talent that leaves the area to go on and do big things at other schools.

C. I'm not expecting to STOP recruiting OOS or out of SF. I understand it. I encourage it when it makes sense. SF isn't perfect and football is played outside the area. I'm just saying that with an area as rich as SF, take some more chances in state.

Last edited:
I agree with alot of what the OP said. People talk about Lane, Rudolph, and Cook..But I was more distraught by Holliman/Burgess/Dubose. Lets put things in perspective..

Cook and the two amigos were front runners. Period. They didnt want to be apart of a rebuilding program. They dont have that type of DNA in them. Those 3 were going whereever the championship wind blew them. If we had one the MNC last year all 3 would be in O&G. If FLA had won it..All 3 would be in O&B. Anyone who says otherwise is just fooling themselves.

Im mad that we lost them, but we just didnt have a chance seeing that FSU was/is the "In" school to be at. All that BS about Rudolph never forgiving us for calling him an "athlete" at some stupid camp was just that..BS. And we all know about Lane...he was following Cook whereever he went. And Cook clearly wanted to be apart of a winning program like he was at Central. Just the way it is.

Now Holliman/Burgess/Dubose ****ed me off because we had all 3 in our grasp and all 3 are at NEED positions. Holliman would be starting opposite Bush right now..Burgess and Grace would be lethal in pass coverage and blitzing and Dubose would be backing up Chick along with CThomas. We didnt want Burgess...We offered Holliman WAY too late and he never forgave us..(Along with Andrew Johnson his boy)..and I think we didnt hang in there with Dubose long enough because we assumed he would never qualify.

Those are the 3 that just have me wondering WTF we are doing down here. Smh.

Water under the bridge at this point..

Advertisement
Back