Lets play what we need to have happen this week.

Miami04

Senior
Sometimes its nice to have information on this site instead of a bunch of internet experts arguing about who can come at who harder. Most of you don't care, but for those that do. Here is what we need to have happen in the ACC this week to stay alive.

#1. Win.
#2. Pitt over Duke - this is a big one because we theoretically need Duke to lose 2 more games and against their schedule they will almost have to try and lose.
#3 UVA over GT - GT has the tie breaker over us so we need them to keep losing. Plus, UVA plays us and FSU so we can take care of our own business.

That is all that matters this week if you want to win the division.

Now, everyone who hates everything go ahead and begin posting replies.

Advertisement
I will not neg you. I like to know what needs to happen going into the weekend, other than UM win, ND lose, *OSU lose, and anyone else ranked above UM lose. I nominate you to do this every Thursday for the remainder of the season.

Thank you.

They only need Duke to lose one more, dummy.

Best way to win the tournament is a 3-way tie with Duke and GT. They will get in based on better Coastal division record.

Assume Miami wins out.

appreciate the info. it is nice to know what we need to have happen, no matter how likely/unlikely.

unfortunately i think us winning the coastal this year would do more harm than good. lets say we lose to fsu and win the rest of our games and by some miracle we end up winning the coastal. why give golden that bargaining chip? he'll be able to claim he took us to our first acc champ game ever, and with our pansy administration that probably not only buys him next year, but the year after that (i think the VT game probably already sealed the deal on him staying next year), when in reality we'll have limped our way in to the acc champ game coming out of probably the worst division in all the power 5 conferences. for me, im still hoping we lose out with our kids making great plays, and we lose in shootouts where we cant stop anyone. (except FSU, i hope we trounce them, even though i know that is maybe the worst possible thing in terms of getting rid of golden haha).

appreciate the info. it is nice to know what we need to have happen, no matter how likely/unlikely.

unfortunately i think us winning the coastal this year would do more harm than good. lets say we lose to fsu and win the rest of our games and by some miracle we end up winning the coastal. why give golden that bargaining chip? he'll be able to claim he took us to our first acc champ game ever, and with our pansy administration that probably not only buys him next year, but the year after that (i think the VT game probably already sealed the deal on him staying next year), when in reality we'll have limped our way in to the acc champ game coming out of probably the worst division in all the power 5 conferences. for me, im still hoping we lose out with our kids making great plays, and we lose in shootouts where we cant stop anyone. (except FSU, i hope we trounce them, even though i know that is maybe the worst possible thing in terms of getting rid of golden haha).

same as every week, fire Al golden.

Advertisement
I quit playing this game awhile ago. It ends with us 5-3 and sitting on our thumb

I have prepared myself to get murdered for saying this, but I think we beat f$u this year. I've never thought crabs was that good. He's worth a pretty good mistake or 2 per game. The off-field distractions they have going right now will have their effect. UM is so "low" to them right now that those players over-confidently believe they will beat the 'Canes. And we have the Duke. Never met the kid, but you know he wants to kill it against them this year.

Before the murdering, what would y'all say the outcome of the game would be if Duke has 190+ rushing yards and another 30-50 receiving? Coley was pounding f$u with Duke in the 3rd quarter last year before he got hurt, and he was getting better and better with each run. And now Coley knows what Duke can do when he is given the opportunity (not that VaTech is f$u, but still).

I'm all in with this until the final score is something different.....UM beats f$u at home. Wrecks the noles' chance at a repeat.

Go 'Canes.

Best way to win the tournament is a 3-way tie with Duke and GT. They will get in based on better Coastal division record.

Assume Miami wins out.

That's why I put the word theoretically. And you are assuming Miami wins out, who does that make the dummy?

Why is the best way to win the "tournament" a 3 way tie? What about a tie just with Duke, both schools 6-2 or 5-3?

I liked you better when you were a real poster instead of a character.

Advertisement

Assume Miami wins out.

That's why I put the word theoretically. And you are assuming Miami wins out, who does that make the dummy?

Why is the best way to win the "tournament" a 3 way tie? What about a tie just with Duke, both schools 6-2 or 5-3?

Whoop just got the big ol stfu

Intres-ting!

williewill3.jpg

I have prepared myself to get murdered for saying this, but I think we beat f$u this year. I've never thought crabs was that good. He's worth a pretty good mistake or 2 per game. The off-field distractions they have going right now will have their effect. UM is so "low" to them right now that those players over-confidently believe they will beat the 'Canes. And we have the Duke. Never met the kid, but you know he wants to kill it against them this year.

Before the murdering, what would y'all say the outcome of the game would be if Duke has 190+ rushing yards and another 30-50 receiving? Coley was pounding f$u with Duke in the 3rd quarter last year before he got hurt, and he was getting better and better with each run. And now Coley knows what Duke can do when he is given the opportunity (not that VaTech is f$u, but still).

I'm all in with this until the final score is something different.....UM beats f$u at home. Wrecks the noles' chance at a repeat.

Go 'Canes.

Completely agree with you. Think FSU is overrated, their D is suspect, their rushing attack is terrible (although im sure will still bulldoze us with the run). Pre-flowers injury i thought we had a really good shot at them, especially with the bye week. If we can get duke in a rhythm, then open up the play action every once in a while, we can definitely make it a game and beat them. Now it all depends on how darling and whoever else will get meaningful time on the OL can do with limited PT and preparation and just overall youth and inexperience. (unless flowers can make it back, which seems like it isnt completely ruled out). if we cant get the run going i think we'll get crushed. theyre gonna blitz the sh** out of kaaya with flowers out and play aggressive on our receivers

Advertisement
So what happens after we lose to F$U?

That leaves us sitting on our thumb with 3 ACC losses.

If that happens then we hope for the 3 way tie with Duke and GT or GT has 4 loses and we have the tie breaker with Duke. To me the biggest hurdle is Duke losing two more games.

Advertisement
HOW ABOUT ALL OF THAT, PLUS FSU LOSES THIS WEEK!

WE BEAT FSU! GO ON TO PLAY CLEMSON IN ACCCG, TEAR DOWN THE HOUSE IN CHARLOTTE, SEND THE CLEMSON KITTIES HOME ALONg, AND KAAYA SHOWS WATSON WHO IS THE MAN IN THE ACC!!

...good enough...

We need a meteorite to vaporize the rest of the Coastal schools and leave us unharmed.

Assume Miami wins out.

Duke will be hard pressed to lose two. I guess GT could lose again, maybe twice.

If we lose to FSU, it almost assures back-to-back Coastals for Duke, LAZL!

Assume Miami wins out.

Are you really arguing that your theoretical statement is more probable than his theoretical statement?

In any case, for a proper breakdown of what needs to occur, all you can assume are the Knowns (current records). So all we need to remain in this is a Duke loss. Doesn't matter what GT does and doesn't do. If and when we lose to another team will GT's record come into play, but you cant weight it right now when a W or L on their part has the same result for us if we win.

Advertisement
Back