Prediction Golden won't be here next year...

canesstevealum08

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"
Premium
with schools like illinois, KU possibly UVA looking for a head coach I see him taking a KU/MD/UVA Rutgers kinda gig. Neg me all you want but I personally think he's off to a school with a bigger budget and lower expectations. Assuming he goes 8-4 most college football insiders will tell you he's done an awesome job, (I vehemently disagree). He had job prospects before Penn State when we were winning seven games a year.

Advertisement
with schools like illinois, KU possibly UVA looking for a head coach I see him taking a KU/MD/UVA Rutgers kinda gig. Neg me all you want but I personally think he's off to a school with a bigger budget and lower expectations. Assuming he goes 8-4 most college football insiders will tell you he's done an awesome job, (I vehemently disagree). He had job prospects before Penn State when we were winning seven games a year.

Neg you, most people would be ******* ecstatic if that happened

LOL no way I just think Golden feels we as fans should embrace the cloud like he does I think he's gone

Advertisement
I think it's very likely you can hear it post game he thinks 9-3 8-4 and he also thinks canes fans are unreasonable.

In 2011, Folden went 6-6 with the #1 2008 recruiting class. Can you imagine what would happen to him inheriting KU? I think they'll probably pass on that oppurtunity, unfortunately

Advertisement
Only reason I would neg is for getting my hopes up. If he wants to take the Rutgers job I will drive the ******* moving truck

Advertisement
i mean that would be a dream scenario. but i highly doubt any major program (anyone considered a step up from miami, anyways) would be dumb enough to take him. so we are just hoping he leaves to a worse job? i dont see that happening. this fan noise doesn't bother golden, he sees the opportunity he has here with our ridiculously talented recruiting grounds. unfortunately for us we're stuck with him another year at minimum.

UM is the best job in America because the proximity to talent is the best. It takes no time to drive down the street to visit a kid and his HC at school, his home and his games and practices. Add to that when the coach is relatively young and has kids who are at an age when they really need their dad at home and not in some far off location visiting ****-head 17 yr olds (like Golden's family), combined with the fact that being a HC is a huge commitment of time and energy, factoring those things in UM is the best he's ever going to see. He can brush off WEZ members and their criticism (mostly warranted, I'd say) as the crazy unreasonable fans who don't understand the intricacies of college football, and he can at least for the next year still bring up the cloud (look how much mileage the dims get out of blaming everything on Bush and he hasn't had a say in anything for over 6 years), and he can even get some mileage out of the true freshman QB excuse (at least for the first 3 losses this year) and unless he finishes worse then .500, he can probably keep his job here, at least for another year or 2. Note, I don't think we're going less than .500, so I don't think the BOT and/or AD or going to do anything with Golden. They might make him an offer he can't refuse regarding the DC, but that's another matter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back