Open with FSU next year?

Miami04

Senior
So as I am sitting here looking over the schedule for next year (who we play and where, only 2 dates are set) I am thinking we really need to open with FSU next year on Labor day night. We know the networks love it.

We will have Kaaya going into his second year and FSU will be breaking in a new QB.

Not only a new QB but 2 new WR, 4 new OL, a new TE, and a new starting RB.

Seems like the best bet would be to get them early.

Advertisement
I see your point, but personally I always HATED opening with FSU when we did those dumb Labor Day games. They were awful. I much prefer seeing them mid-season when both teams have had a chance to settle in a bit.

Open with them, especially if Duke comes back. Set the tone early.

Advertisement
So as I am sitting here looking over the schedule for next year (who we play and where, only 2 dates are set) I am thinking we really need to open with FSU next year on Labor day night. We know the networks love it.

We will have Kaaya going into his second year and FSU will be breaking in a new QB.

Naw.

Those games sucked something awful. Really poor football.

I went to a couple of those Labor Day openers with FSU back 2004-2006 and every **** one of them was a SNOOZER.....

2004 - 16 - 10 UM

2005 - 10 - 7 FSU

2006 - 13 - 10 FSU

No Labor Day games against FSU please........

I went to a couple of those Labor Day openers with FSU back 2004-2006 and every **** one of them was a SNOOZER.....

2004 - 16 - 10 UM

2005 - 10 - 7 FSU

2006 - 13 - 10 FSU

Wasn't the game in 2009 on labor day? That game was epic. I know it was our opening game.

Advertisement

Scary Cat......LOL Do you sit when you ****, Beeeyatch.

Winston aint going any where. Which is great, because I want to beat him.

2004 - 16 - 10 UM

2005 - 10 - 7 FSU

2006 - 13 - 10 FSU

Wasn't the game in 2009 on labor day? That game was epic. I know it was our opening game.

Yes it was but that didn't work with his argument.

Advertisement
Labor day games sucked because both fsu and miami sucked those years. Had nothing to do with the date of the games.

:neonu:

I think the ACC might start scheduling bigger games earlier, so teams have a better shot at making up ground later in yr in case of a loss, so we can still get a team in the playoffs.
We have a big schedule next yr with Clemson, FSU, and Nebraska.

Advertisement

VTech and Ohio State are the Labor Day game next year. Not happening.

Advertisement
Back