Recruiting and Golden question

Miami04

Senior
I have sworn off keeping up with recruiting because 99% of the kids lie to everyone including their family and the football season is as much heartache as I can take. But I have heard that this years class is not very good and we are missing out on a lot of elite local talent at need positions. I have also heard that the class has been falling apart since 1/4 way through the season.

I truly believe in Shannon's last year he just stopped recruiting after the UVA loss because he knew he was getting fired or going to have to make a staff overhaul.

Does anyone, and someone close to the program would know better, think this class is falling apart because Golden has checked out? Seems to be a lot of recruits saying they have not heard from the staff in a while. And I wonder if Golden knows (or thinks he knows, i.e. getting fired) he is leaving, whether getting fired or taking another job, he is just not putting the effort into recruiting this year.

My own personal opinion is Golden takes the first head job offer he gets on November 30th, but that doesn't really apply to my question.

Advertisement
I have sworn off keeping up with recruiting because 99% of the kids lie to everyone including their family and the football season is as much heartache as I can take. But I have heard that this years class is not very good and we are missing out on a lot of elite local talent at need positions. I have also heard that the class has been falling apart since 1/4 way through the season.

I truly believe in Shannon's last year he just stopped recruiting after the UVA loss because he knew he was getting fired or going to have to make a staff overhaul.

Does anyone, and someone close to the program would know better, think this class is falling apart because Golden has checked out? Seems to be a lot of recruits saying they have not heard from the staff in a while. And I wonder if Golden knows (or thinks he knows, i.e. getting fired) he is leaving, whether getting fired or taking another job, he is just not putting the effort into recruiting this year.

My own personal opinion is Golden takes the first head job offer he gets on November 30th, but that doesn't really apply to my question.

With his on field performance I doubt anyone worth while would offer Golden at this point.

I think Golden wanted to get off to a hot start to focus on the team while in season. There was a point where we were getting a new recruit, it seemed like at least, every other day. Golden probably knew he'd need to do everything this season just to keep his job so he didn't want to have to worry about recruiting.

So not only does he have a team struggling but also a recruiting class that's starting to unravel. He's got to play catch up with both and that's never a good thing.

With his on field performance I doubt anyone worth while would offer Golden at this point.

Al Golden, HC, Miami -- The Canes are now 5-3 and playing pretty well, so the talk of Golden getting the axe has probably died down. That said, if Golden does get fired... bet your *** he'd be a viable candidate at Virginia. Heck, we might even be sniffing around already, given his hotseat status. Maybe Golden Al would like the chance to start fresh at a school that doesn't do a bunch of illegal **** that makes the head coach's job more difficult? He knows the Virginia job pretty well from his time under Al Groh and is a big enough name to provide a "splashy" hire for UVA.

http://wahooze.blogspot.com/

Contrary to what some may believe, Folden is not a great recruiter. He is an average recruiter at best.

He is not signing the majority of the top S.Fla kids. We don't need all, just most. During Folden's tenure, S.Fla had an incredible run of really good DTs. Folden signed one of them (Moten, who is being ruined as we speak). Players like Duke, who committed under RS, just wanted to be a Hurricane. We will get those. In 2014, we should have signed 2 top RBs (Cook, Yearby and Michel) last year, not just 1. You cant miss on Rudolph and Lane. Don't even Matthew Thomas in 2013.

He is average. Look at our current DT commitment list. Embarrassing......

Average Recruiter.................

Advertisement

Al Golden, HC, Miami -- The Canes are now 5-3 and playing pretty well, so the talk of Golden getting the axe has probably died down. That said, if Golden does get fired... bet your *** he'd be a viable candidate at Virginia. Heck, we might even be sniffing around already, given his hotseat status. Maybe Golden Al would like the chance to start fresh at a school that doesn't do a bunch of illegal **** that makes the head coach's job more difficult? He knows the Virginia job pretty well from his time under Al Groh and is a big enough name to provide a "splashy" hire for UVA.

teehee, thats silly

Contrary to what some may believe, Folden is not a great recruiter. He is an average recruiter at best.

He is not signing the majority of the top S.Fla kids. We don't need all, just most. During Folden's tenure, S.Fla had an incredible run of really good DTs. Folden signed one of them (Moten, who is being ruined as we speak). Players like Duke, who committed under RS, just wanted to be a Hurricane. We will get those. In 2014, we should have signed 2 top RBs (Cook, Yearby and Michel) last year, not just 1. You cant miss on Rudolph and Lane. Don't even Matthew Thomas in 2013.

You must not have seen our 2016 class. Say what you want about his coaching skills, he is a pretty good recruiter. Hes not Butch but he does know how to find talent. Developing the talent is a completely different problem.

You must not have seen our 2016 class. Say what you want about his coaching skills, he is a pretty good recruiter. Hes not Butch but he does know how to find talent. Developing the talent is a completely different problem.

Where are those DTs. Thanks you.........I'll wait.

Alabama, LSU, FSU and Florida is very proud of Folden and his recruiting efforts.

Average!

Fly The F*cking Banner................

Hes such a good recruiter that 30 of his 70 recruits are no longer at Miami. Corey Long at ESPN and Chris Nee at 247 disagree with you

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article1988545.html

Advertisement

Where are those DTs. Thanks you.........I'll wait.

Alabama, LSU, FSU and Florida is very proud of Folden and his recruiting efforts.

Average!

Fly The F*cking Banner................

Exactly this

Miami in 2016 is getting the athletes but if u can't play DL and at an elite level ur done. Fsu the minute Jimbo got there went super nuts on DL recruiting n it's y they won a title besides rapist.

I think you should vote YES to amendment 2... Happy trolling...

5053992+_befea0329d8ed6b37b46308b6934bc34.gif

Congrats on naming a whole bunch of kids that didn't want to be here. All of em had offers and played us all the way till the end. The coaches were using everything they could to get those recruits.

Missing and not getting is to different ball games. Skai Moore is a miss

Advertisement

Don't give me this **** about the 2016 class.... Sure great... But those kids aren't here, and have plenty of time to change their mind... Talk to me on signing day 2015 and tell me how good he did... And tell me why most of the studs from S. Fl went else where.....

Also, does Folden have to gift wrap teammates Shawn Burgess-Becker (2015) and Calvin Ridley (2015) to Alabama? *****.....

Sh*t, did Coconut Creek, FL Get Up and Move to North Florida/Geogia or something?

AVERAGE AL....

Fly The F*cking Banner......

Advertisement

Congrats on naming a whole bunch of kids that didn't want to be here.

So, we only want kids that want to be here? Miss me with that Crap. Remember this: A Slow Horse eats as much a Fast Horse.

Great recruiters bring in the Recruits THEY NEEDS TO BE IN THE PROGRAM.

WHERE ARE THOSE DTs? Oh, they don't want to be here.

P.S. Folden missed on way more than Skai Moore.

Coley, Beard, and Ice are the main reasons those 2016 kids are committed here don't kid yourself. And for the ones in previous years you can thank Barrow and Duke.

As

Congrats on naming a whole bunch of kids that didn't want to be here.

So, we only want kids that want to be here? Miss me with that Crap. Remember this: A Slow Horse eats as much a Fast Horse.

Great recruiters bring in the Recruits THEY NEEDS TO BE IN THE PROGRAM.

WHERE ARE THOSE DTs? Oh, they don't want to be here.

P.S. Folden missed on way more than Skai Moore.

We missed on Skai because we shot our load on the famous "6" who was going to be a program changer... The kid was
playing us like fools all along... Now he is hanging out with good ol Karlos...

Advertisement
Back