Does anyone remember the quote

datcaneguy

Senior
From Golden's first press conference at UM where mentioned are we not supposed to beat Alabama down here? He also made a quote like "out of the top 10 players in SFL we have none committed, that will change" and "We have to put the fence back up around SFL". I'm just wondering what happened to that philosophy when I see guys from OOS receiving offers over guys in our back yard. Can't remember any coach prior Shannon that would go out of state for a player that was not the best in their state.

Advertisement
It's just like soundbites from a politician before and right after they're elected. They all say the things that people want to hear but it's a whole 'nother different ballgame once you get started.

tboy_zpse4041056.png

Advertisement
"No plan survives first contact with the enemy." Graf von Molkle. See Al's first game against Maryland. Al then went into defensive mode of "fog of war" from another Prussian Carl Clausewitz or "cloud". Al opening speech could well be the high water mark of his tenure at THE U.

Advertisement
From Golden's first press conference at UM where mentioned are we not supposed to beat Alabama down here? He also made a quote like "out of the top 10 players in SFL we have none committed, that will change" and "We have to put the fence back up around SFL". I'm just wondering what happened to that philosophy when I see guys from OOS receiving offers over guys in our back yard. Can't remember any coach prior Shannon that would go out of state for a player that was not the best in their state.

"Are we not supposed to beat BAMA, UF, FSU down here? Five rings in that office down the hall Add those guys together they don't have five rings We have to start thinking like we're the University of Miami again"

"Are we not supposed to beat BAMA, UF, FSU down here? Five rings in that office down the hall Add those guys together they don't have five rings We have to start thinking like we're the University of Miami again"

Yea, the 'good ol dayz', speech. I remember thinking at that time. This coach gets it! This No name bargain basement coach from Temple actually gets it. LOL Man, was I wrong. 4 years later, I'm like WTF was I thinking?

Yea, the 'good ol dayz', speech. I remember thinking at that time. This coach gets it! This No name bargain basement coach from Temple actually gets it. LOL Man, was I wrong. 4 years later, I'm like WTF was I thinking?

couldn't agree more.

Advertisement
He knew Bama would never schedule us. That's my coach! Always a few steps ahead of you mooks.

Advertisement
And now we have fans who believe it is unreasonable to expect to beat teams like Louisville in year 4. It's very pathetic.

c'mon. Rome wasn't built in a day. We'll get that fence up by the next decade or so. #Renewed.

Advertisement
Back