Shane Larkin

Advertisement
Great to see him start. Did anybody watch the game?

Larkin starts.jpg

shane-larkin.jpg

Advertisement
Had the first bucket of the game.

Was flipping between that and the WS and he looked okay. I saw one poor turnover, but for the most part, he seemed to distribute the ball really well. He looks to make the extra pass first.

He seems to be a bit of a liability on defense. His height doesn't help and he got crossed up at least twice when guarding D-Rose. That -17 is a pretty concerning stat.

Still, a a former Hurricane starting for the Knicks at point, in the home opener at the garden (and I'm not a Knicks fan at all) is ******* awesome.

This **** never gets old...

[video=youtube;B_Lir_QTdiw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Lir_QTdiw[/video]

Had the first bucket of the game.

Was flipping between that and the WS and he looked okay. I saw one poor turnover, but for the most part, he seemed to distribute the ball really well. He looks to make the extra pass first.

He seems to be a bit of a liability on defense. His height doesn't help and he got crossed up at least twice when guarding D-Rose. That -17 is a pretty concerning stat.

Still, a a former Hurricane starting for the Knicks at point, in the home opener at the garden (and I'm not a Knicks fan at all) is ******* awesome.

Not really. Literally half the Knicks' squad ended with -15 or worse because they got destroyed. The Knicks were garbage last night, and will continue to be garbage for a while, since they're learning an entirely new system. It isn't just give the ball to Melo/JR and hope they score anymore. The entire team actually needs to play basketball together. Growing pains.

He didn't look too bad at first but he wore down throughout the game. He was able to stick with Rose for a bit and even toasted him a couple of times but from the middle of the third until the end of the game Rose pretty much had his way with him. His defense needs work to put it lightly. He was even a liability in help.

Looked decent distributing save for one awful turnover and the rest of the Knicks certainly helped him out.

Overall, the stat sheet doesn't tell the whole story and for a first time starter under a first time head coach he didn't look too bad. There's enough reason to be optimistic.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back