Mike Leach and his ability to show improvement

AntwanJ306

Thunderdome
Last year, in year two, Leach went into Arizona and won 24-17 to reach the .500 mark and eventually get into a bowl game.

One year later, with his system firmly in place and Arizona making the trip to Pullman, he finds himself down only 59-30 in the fourth. This makes him 2-6, with one FBS win, and there probably isn't another win on the schedule.

Cougar fans are looking forward to only losing to Arizona by 50 once Leach gets into his fourth year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
lulz at a negging from Antwan. that gray box really hurts. does that reserve a red spot for when your opinion actually matters?

LOLOLOL his supporters STILL slurping him. He and his pupil Kliff Kingsbury continue to show they are total frauds. Mike Leach is the owner of one of the worst records in the Power 5! In his fourth year he's one of the worst coaches in the game. That offense has never worked against legit defenses, and he refuses to ever practice defense.

Advertisement
I like Leach because his offense is bonkers plus he's just a crazy person.

Wtf are you talking about? His offense is bonkers against D2 and FCS teams. It's horrid against power 5 teams. And his defense has been a joke for a decade. I've never seen, include Tebow, someone less deserving of a loyal following.

Wasu sucks, so does Leach. For perspective, Leach's overall record(95-65) still trumps your hero Goldens(54-52). To get to Leach's winning percentage(59.375), Albert would have to win 22 straight games to get to 76-52(that'd be at least 3 FSU's, 2 acc titles and 1 MNC).

Wasu sucks, so does Leach. For perspective, Leach's overall record(95-65) still trumps your hero Goldens(54-52). To get to Leach's winning percentage(59.375), Albert would have to win 22 straight games to get to 76-52(that'd be at least 3 FSU's, 2 acc titles and 1 MNC).

What does golden bein a corch have to do with Leach being a fraud??

I live about a hour and half north of Pullman, everyone here is a WSU alum. I've lived here my entire life in coug country so I'm pretty qualified to talk about WSU. You gotta understand that this isn't some football powerhouse. The expectations aren't as high as a place like miami so the whole he's 2-6 argument is kind of pointless. WSU has always played second fiddle to UW in sports, they just don't particularly expect to win big there. Another reason for that was the dire state of WSU football pre leech. Paul Wulff went 9-40 in the 4 seasons before leech and demolished the roster. The guy was as bad as it gets. Leech is a great fit for a place like WSU, they are happy with occasionally winning 9 or 10 games, having a wacky coach that will make funny statements to the media. Leech is literally the perfect fit for WSU and he will win some games there, it's just gunna take some time. Simply put, WSU is the exact opposite of Miami.

Advertisement
Last year, in year two, Leach went into Arizona and won 24-17 to reach the .500 mark and eventually get into a bowl game.

One year later, with his system firmly in place and Arizona making the trip to Pullman, he finds himself down only 59-30 in the fourth. This makes him 2-6, with one FBS win, and there probably isn't another win on the schedule.

Cougar fans are looking forward to only losing to Arizona by 50 once Leach gets into his fourth year.

ALFat Golden with a his system firmly in place in 2014.

Louisville is Still B*tch Slapping AlFat Golden
Nebraska is still running for yards
GT is still running for yards

What does golden bein a corch have to do with Leach being a fraud??

Touché.

With the (limited)success he had in the B12, his gimmicky **** could work to a point. He was .600 lifer at ttu and I imagine e could do the same at wasu.

Advertisement
I don't think leach is the best coach, or an elite coach, but IMO he's a good coach and I think he would kill it here. It would be like 7 on 7 ball. He had built a really nice program at Texas tech and it seems like he got a raw deal. Wazu is a tough gig, not a spot guys get promoted from often.

He's never had the kind of talent he'd have here. I think questioning his ability to recruit so fla is fair. I'd like somebody who was more of a known commodity here. But it's a fun brand of football that I think would help attendance and I think our type of athletes are really built for passing game shoot outs. Greats wrs and dbs in so fla, playing to that wouldn't really help us build an advantage.

Advertisement
Back