FSU is the only one true test left

puertorricane

Cartel Soldier
Banned
Beating Vatech, Pitt, NC and VA who have a combined 14 losses between them and might have 20 by seasons end proves nothing.

Golden needs to beat FSU or at least have a competive game. Get blown out by FSU and I dont care if we win the other games it changes nothing in my mind.

:neonu:

Advertisement
Beating Vatech, Pitt, NC and VA who have a combined 14 losses between them and might have 20 by seasons end proves nothing.

Golden needs to beat FSU or at least have a competive game. Get blown out by FSU and I dont care if we win the other games it changes nothing in my mind.

We have sank so low that we just want to be competitive with FSU....

As good as last night's game was, I still think this team can lay a whopper of an egg when you least expect it. All of the remaining games are tests. Not one game is guaranteed. One good game against a crumbling VT team doesn't make that doubt go away.

Advertisement
What If...

We play another great game against a not so good UNC, getting a big win somewhere around the area of 34-17, and FSU barely eeks by Louisville away on a Thursday and UVA at home...

Will our momentum and confidence propel us against a struggling-to-hold-on FSU? Can we come out hot at home against a team that has come out flat many times this year and possibly pull this one out?

If it weren't for an improbable fumble against Clemson and a questionable call against ND they'd already have two losses so I don't think it's impossible.

And if we pull off the miracle upset, does Al land a job somewhere else? Arkanas, Kansas and several Big 10 teams might all be looking

I know this situation is a long shot but WHAT IF we beat FSU? We can lose Al and maybe inspire enough confidence to land someone like Narduzzi or have Butch come back

We have sank so low that we just want to be competitive with FSU....

In my opinion FSU has always been our measuring stick. We compete against each other to be the best in College Football. We've always know that if we are neck and neck we will either have a good year the same year or we'll be good in the future.

If we play up to our talent we should handle everyone but FSU on our schedule, and even then FSU is a rivalry game at home, crazier things have happened. The thing is that even with last night's win, I still have no confidence that we handle every inferior team we face. UL, Braska, and GT showed that. Now sure you sometimes drop one or two against an inferior team through out the year, cause we are talented but not that talented where there won't be lapses. The thing is that there has been way too many lapses with this regime.

I have made up my on Al, I want him out, but that doesn't mean I don't want to be positive about our program. The one thing that was a constant under Randy and Al, was that we would start out the gate pretty well, and then we would crawl to the finishing line during both the actual season and recruiting. Maybe, just maybe this is the year it is the opposite, and we close the season strong. Seriously though, I wish that was the case but I can't even believe I typed that…….

Advertisement
As good as last night's game was, I still think this team can lay a whopper of an egg when you least expect it. All of the remaining games are tests. Not one game is guaranteed. One good game against a crumbling VT team doesn't make that doubt go away.

Well said. I think everyone knows that is possible/likely, including Golden supporters. We've seen it happen too many times to believe otherwise.

Stay within 21 of fsu and try hard all night, and I think we're set for a nice run in 2015.

No one can expect UM to ever beat fsu. We need to write that one off as a loss every year and use it as a building block. Anything other than trying to build off that game, and you're going to hurt recruiting.

Stay within 21 of fsu and try hard all night, and I think we're set for a nice run in 2015.

No one can expect UM to ever beat fsu. We need to write that one off as a loss every year and use it as a building block. Anything other than trying to build off that game, and you're going to hurt recruiting.

Did you take into consideration the cloud? I think we're set for a run in 2016 after the cloud has had PROPER time to vanish.

Advertisement
Im sorry but Im going to disagree. If we win out every game except FSU, I would say that would be a decent end to the season. Obviously the result of the bowl game would have an impact, but when you factor in that we started the season with a tough road game with a true Frosh QB, and a winnable tough loss in Lincoln in a game we could have won, this season could have gone a lot differently.

Im still of the opinion that Golden has failed. It would take a LOT for me to find any hope in him again. But winning out, and putting in a good performance against FSU, would certainly surprise me, and I don't think it would be fair to say that its "meaningless". Not when we had to start with a true Frosh on the road at UL.

I mean fair is fair. If we win every game left but FSU, you cannot call this a "bad" season. Its not a particularly "good" one, but 8-4, having had to start a True frosh at QB, is not terrible as far as records go. That is NOT an endorsement of Golden or a sign he's fixed everything or that he's a good HC. But I think its unfair to say that if we win every game left but FSU, is means nothing.

That said, I don't see us winning out except for FSU. I think we drop at least 1 more game besides FSU.

We go 2-2 or 3-1 to finish. Do not see us beating FSU hopefully less than 14 point loss. Then all depends if we win the other 3. 7-5 was my preseason pick, hope I am wrong and we go 8-4.

Advertisement
This team has been too inconsistent to say there is only one test left on the schedule. Every game is a test. UVA on the road will not be easy. FSU is obvious. Pitt can show up on any day.

Advertisement
Back