Brad Kaaya, Oh Sweet Lord, Brad Kaaya

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
Holy shlt.

Quiet night because he didn't need to do **** but hand it off to Duke, but he made ridiculous throws. Throws that made me think "I've seen Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning make these."

His anticipation and quick release are elite.

First throw: 3rd and long, a blitzer comes clean and is barreling down on him. Falling backwards, Kaaya is able to lob an absolute BEAUT that finds Duke for a first down. The pass had perfect touch and when it left his hand and Duke was barely turning upfield into his route. Duke didn't even have his head around yet as Kaaya's pass was already floating majestically his way. The anticipation and placement, the touch...Gorgeous.

Second throw: Clock running out on the first half. Prob our last play if someone goes down in bounds. We got off a quick play, Coley used a very **** route combination sending Dorsett driving over the middle with Duke running a seam route right up his *** in the vacancy. This left a very small window. Kaaya showed an Aaron Rodgers type of quick release and fired a bullet into that peephole and turned it into 6. Not only seeing that opening but getting the ball there that quickly... Mmmffffff.

Already the best QB since Dorsey.

Last edited:
Advertisement
At the beginning of the season, I had mixed feelings about starting a true Freshman QB.

Needless to say, those feelings have completely disappeared.

Brad Kaaya is a Godsent.

Exactly. He needed to hit duke quick with that throw so he had time to set up the db to score. If he waits duke probably gets tackled. Now not trying to be overly critical but I wasn't in love with the 3 rd down throw to duke in the first. I know it worked therefore it looks great but to me that was a chuck and duck, that duke made a great adjustment and catch. Those are the what the **** are you thinking, YES type plays. Very low percentage and against a team say like FSU with good athletes can pick off for a td if u are a little off. Sometimes a sack is a good play. He has done the same thing a few other times and the ball just landed in no mans land. Just an observation

Wasnt that first throw you mentioned the one to Duke? If it wasnt, then you are missing his best pass of the game. Duke made a heck of a grab, but Kaaya's throw was ridiculous.

Advertisement
Exactly. He needed to hit duke quick with that throw so he had time to set up the db to score. If he waits duke probably gets tackled. Now not trying to be overly critical but I wasn't in love with the 3 rd down throw to duke in the first. I know it worked therefore it looks great but to me that was a chuck and duck, that duke made a great adjustment and catch. Those are the what the **** are you thinking, YES type plays. Very low percentage and against a team say like FSU with good athletes can pick off for a td if u are a little off. Sometimes a sack is a good play. He has done the same thing a few other times and the ball just landed in no mans land. Just an observation

Sometimes, the QB needs to make a play

Very insightful. If that throw ended in a pick 6, would your response have been well sometimes a qb has to try and make a play. I liken it to basketball, when that ****** shooter decides to launch a horrible three when u r losing late. Everyone is like NNNNNOOOOO. Then it goes in and the coach is like just how I drew it up.

That throw to Dorsett was beautiful, had Dorsett known the ball was already on the way to him, that would have been 6.

Advertisement
Brad's accuracy, poise, and command of the game are outstanding. His arm strength is better than I thought as well. Seeing his HS films I thought he'd be a good one, but he's blown up the high expectations I had for him.

I really liked our offensive identity last night i.e., get the ball to your best player and one of the best players in the country as many ways as possible and much as possible, so I'll give Coley credit. I hope he'll stick with it going forward.

Holy shlt.
Quiet night because he didn't need to do **** but hand it off to Duke, but he made ridiculous throws. Throws that made me think "I've seen Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning make these."

First throw: 3rd and long, a blitzer comes clean and is barreling down on him. Falling backwards, Kaaya is able to lob an absolute BEAUT that finds Duke for a first down. The pass had perfect touch and when it left his hand and Duke was barely turning upfield into his route. Duke didn't even have his head around yet as Kaaya's pass was already floating majestically his way. The anticipation and placement, the touch...Gorgeous.

l99Eb35.gif

Second throw: Clock running out on the first half. Prob our last play if someone goes down in bounds. We got off a quick play, Coley used a very **** route combination sending Dorsett driving over the middle with Duke running a seam route right up his *** in the vacancy. This left a very small window. Kaaya showed an Aaron Rodgers type of quick release and fired a bullet into that peephole and turned it into 6. Not only seeing that opening but getting the ball there that quickly... Mmmffffff.
pYaOfJb.gif

That 2nd throw - holy God. That's a True Freshman QB knowing EXACTLY where to go with the ball and when. Just. Wow.

Already the best QB since Dorsey.

i read on here that golden and coley were yelling at kaaya to spike the ball in order to kill the clock. if so, seems like coley would not have called that play and that kaaya might have called it. any chance?

Advertisement

Very insightful. If that throw ended in a pick 6, would your response have been well sometimes a qb has to try and make a play. I liken it to basketball, when that ****ty shooter decides to launch a horrible three when u r losing late. Everyone is like NNNNNOOOOO. Then it goes in and the coach is like just how I drew it up.

1) The proper analogy would be the above average shooter (Kaaya. We aren't talking about Spencer Whipple at QB here.) who launches a contested 3 AT THE END OF THE SHOT CLOCK (It's sack or try to get the ball out there and convert on 3rd down)

2) Sometimes really good players have to simply make a play. He had a great matchup in Duke on a Defensive End and if a defensive end is on Duke, I want him to make that throw every time. He put it in a place where Duke gets it or nobody else. Kid made a play.

Very insightful. If that throw ended in a pick 6, would your response have been well sometimes a qb has to try and make a play. I liken it to basketball, when that ****ty shooter decides to launch a horrible three when u r losing late. Everyone is like NNNNNOOOOO. Then it goes in and the coach is like just how I drew it up.

1) The proper analogy would be the above average shooter (Kaaya. We aren't talking about Spencer Whipple at QB here.) who launches a contested 3 AT THE END OF THE SHOT CLOCK (It's sack or try to get the ball out there and convert on 3rd down)

2) Sometimes really good players have to simply make a play. He had a great matchup in Duke on a Defensive End and if a defensive end is on Duke, I want him to make that throw every time. He put it in a place where Duke gets it or nobody else. Kid made a play.

Fair enough. Just think our judgement is clouded cause it worked. Could be nitpicking but I recall plays against lville, neb and arky st where the ball fluddered to nobody and just hit the ground in the field of play. I commented on those when they occured then too. Glad it worked, just think it is dangerous. Slot of variables in play when u are getting hit like that. A millisecond of a difference and that ball might fallen 5 yards shorter into the des hands.

Advertisement
That TD just before the half was a thing of beauty. Kaaya hit Duke in stride, and Duke looked like our best receiver. With NFL offenses passing almost every down, I'm sure scouts noticed his pass catching ability.

pYaOfJb.gif

Holy shlt.

l99Eb35.gif

pYaOfJb.gif

Good lord, Mongo absolutely whiffed on his block on the second play, make the throw even more special

That TD just before the half was a thing of beauty. Kaaya hit Duke in stride, and Duke looked like our best receiver. With NFL offenses passing almost every down, I'm sure scouts noticed his pass catching ability.

pYaOfJb.gif

Quick sidebar

Am I the only person who saw #34 at the goal line and said to himself, "this ***** 'bout to get embarrassed"

OP, great post (I was thinking of starting a similar thread). I can't remember another time when I was so impressed by a QB who ended up with less than 100 yards passing. Even when he missed (throw to Berrios in the endzone; off Dorsett's fingertips down the right sideline; incomplete to Dorsett off the left sideline when he didn't see the pass) the ball was EXACTLY where it needed to be. Bottom line: if you knew nothing of the teams playing and I told you one of the starting QBs was a junior and one was a true freshman, no way you pick Kaaya as the young pup.

It's been a pleasure watching him mature before our eyes.

Advertisement
Back