When most people speak of the next DC....

Pimp Tight

Thunderdome
they never speak of the best DC in UM history. Randy Shannon. That's right. Randy MF Shannon. So what if he did not get the results we all wanted as a Head Coach. However, what is undeniable is his success as a DC.

2001 Great
2002 Great
2003 15.2ppg 261.8ypg Great
2004 17.6ppg 321.0ypg His WORST Year Is Better Than D'****io's best year
2005 11.9ppg 252.1ypg Great
2006 15.1ppg 252.1ypg Great and incredible for a 6-6 team

Miss me with the Shannon Hate yada yada. He can Coach Defense. You can hate, but you can't deny results.

This current group of players would be Top Notch under Shannon's leadership. Perryman would not be a Freaking Short Hog LB. Chick would be 20 pounds lighter or playing DT. DTs would have sacks. Safeties would have TFL against teams like GT and Nebraska. CBs would jam.

Why look at anyone other than Randy Shannon. Kehoe came back after being fired and suing the school. Honestly, under Kehoe the OLine has been inconsistent as *****. Stoutland had the OLine playing better.

D'F*ckio is running Folden's defense. Get that Straight. Folden has no Nuts and that is why he can't be aggressive on D. ****, maybe D'Fu*kio wants to be aggressive, but Folden says, "Hey, cut that sh*t out. Back them up." So, if Foldens hires a new DC, expect the same unless FOLDEN CHANGES HIS MENTALITY.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The majority of people have no problem with Shannon the DC but they have a huge problem with Shannon the HC. And lets be real there is no way he is coming back here to be DC.

He is a great aggressive DC coach. Is a recluse and isn't really good at one on one interpersonal skills

But he can lead a defense. Nobody has ever denied that. Even when we were terrible, we had a great to good D

If Shanon was so great then why did his Defense regress nearly every year he was here. He did a good job but I wouldn't go that far to say he was great. Additionally, if he is so great then why isn't he a Defensive coordinator now? Talent made him better than what he actually was and is.

OP is a racist.

Randy wasn't the best DC ever at Miami. He was fortunate enough to coach some great players brought in by the white and tight Butch Davis. Once those players and the culture Butch Davis had created officially evaporated the quality of his defenses lessened significantly. Butch is responsible for Randy Shannon's top defenses.

Advertisement
If Shanon was so great then why did his Defense regress nearly every year he was here. He did a good job but I wouldn't go that far to say he was great. Additionally, if he is so great then why isn't he a Defensive coordinator now? Talent made him better than what he actually was and is.

Same thing was said about Coker and he just built a team from ground zero into a respectable football team who BTW would beat the breaks off of Golden's Miami team this season.

Being named the HC of a team that didn't even exist yet was the only job Larry Coker could land. Now he's LULZINg all the way to a conference title and a bowl game

Shannon would be a beast DC if given another shot

I think Shannon was a rigid guy who towards the end of his tenure, showed that his defense had a lot of holes against a certain kind of team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Randy killed me in the Fiesta Bowl allowing Craig F'n Krenzel to run for all those first downs.

A bunch of young dummies here.

To the clown that used the term Racist. Maybe black athletes shouldn't attend Miami anymore. The team would Suck worse than ****. How you like that, Beeeyatch?

Advertisement
Back