Brad Kaaya vs Jamies Winston aka crab legs.

sebringcanethang23

Sophomore
Jameis Winston

70.6 pct completion
13 TDs
6 ints
8.9 yards per attempt
160.0 passer rating
6ints

Brad Kaaya

63 pct completion
18 TDs
9.0 ypa
156.25 passer rating
9 ints

Not bad for a true freshman to be neck and neck with the heisman QB from last year. Guy is why I'm still hopeful for UM.

Kid is a beast!

Advertisement
Brad Kaaya has been coming on strong lately he may get to 30 if he average 3 TDs a game. Not bad. Just saying he's a true freshmen.

If we consistently ran the ball more often, I think some of those INT's would be gone and that completion percentage would be alot higher.

Advertisement
Timint of the INT's have hurtt Kaaya, but for a true freshman he's got me excited about the future. (as long as we get a new staff.)

Jameis is one of the best college football QBs to come along in a long time. Kaaya's not Winston, and that's OK, he's still doing unbelievable things for a true freshman and he has the potential to leave here as one of the all-time greats. That's more than good enough for me. I do appreciate OP noting that statistically Kaaya isn't too far off the pace of the guy I consider to be the best player in CFB. Thanks for posting, I didn't realize how similar they are statistically.

Brad Kaaya is also handicapped by having to play for Albomination. That has to be worth something.

Winston got to play last year with a great defense. When Kaaya steps on the field he knows he has to score cause they might not get the ball back for a while. 2 completely different situations.

Advertisement
Winston had a great D last year that got him back on the field very often... when you rarely have to play from behind it's a different game.

Also Winston had the luxury of red shirting and learning and practicing while Kaaya got here in June and learned very quickly

Very happy with Kaaya and willing to live with his "freshman" mistakes, but man would love our D to improve and then you'd watch his numbers really take off

Wow if you think Winston is one of the greatest QB. Dude throws the ball in the general direction of his receiver who by the way are more often then not running wide open down the field. His receiver make him a better QB. That is the biggest difference in the two QB's. My only grip about own receivers is they don't make the Brad look better if the ball is not perfectly thrown to them and is why Brad has about 3 of his 9 interview.

Advertisement
Winston never started a game as a true freshman....he started as a redshirt. Kaaya is a true frosh who got here late and he's doing what he's doing. **** impressive...****, if the line was better at blocking and Coley wasn't so in love w/ that bubble screen, his yrds would be higher, his comp pct would be higher and his ints would be lower.

There isn't a strong correlation between how our defense performs and Kaaya statistics. That's a stretch.

We might throw more which will lead to more yards passing, and perhaps more TD's and Int's. It shouldn't have any effect on passing % because Kaaya never throws the ball long anyway.

Advertisement
Kaaya also hasn't had the luxury of getting involved in a BB gun fight and r@ping a chick and not getting arrested for it.

Unbelievable -----all the negs about Al starting a freshman over Heaps until Williams had healed....Well done Bradley....

Kaaya has started to gain some momentum and attention nationally. If he plays well against VT and the Canes win, the hype macine will really start to get rolling.

Advertisement
Back