Defensive recruiting

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Can someone tell me what the **** they are doing?

I swear Golden is sabotaging like Randy did. There are no legitimate targets right now at LB or DT.

Advertisement
would you want your son to commit to this program right now if you're an elite LB or DT? I'll hang up & listen

They've quit on recruiting just like Shannon and his staff did. Pathetic.

- Haven't gone to see Tim Irvin play once this season, which has apparently ****ed him off. And he has no interest in playing for Golden/D'Onofrio/Williams because of course he doesn't.
- Joseph Wicker hasn't heard from the staff at all. Probably because he's a perfect three-technique in a 4-3 and might not be able to frog stance properly.
- Still no offer for Ronnie Hoggins or Rashad Fenton, which is inexcusable.
- Claude George decommits and we don't seem to be in the picture for any other LB.
- Zero recruiting buzz whatsoever on either side of the ball.

The good news is the next staff will have plenty of time to surround Shaq and Pinckney with plenty of defensive studs for 2016. But in the short term, we're in trouble for 2015. No way to sugar coat it.

Zero buzz, momentum or news right now. Do we have any visits set up?

This feels eerily similar to Shannon's last year.

Agreed wonder if that means anything as far as coaching changes. Theres no way you can ignore hoggins and fenton this long and actaully give a ****.

Advertisement
Great.

Now three years into the Cristobal era we are gonna hear excuses about building up the defense after Golden left it bare

Recruitment always goes dead during the season, even for high school kids. It just isn't much time for everything. I doubt it is being sabotaged or that we are not trying, it's just like every other school out there, just not very active or enough time.

FSU week will be the major week for recruiting visits. Will be a packed house, possibly a primetime game so it'll be the only game this year that it will look like a gameday atmosphere. FSU week at home is always the big recruiting weekend

Advertisement
What if Irvin relayed to the staff he has no interest in playing at the U? Or what if M. Irvin told the staff to move on from Tim, he's headed elsewhere. We never hear the other side of the story, just fake insiders speculating.

FSU week will be the major week for recruiting visits. Will be a packed house, possibly a primetime game so it'll be the only game this year that it will look like a gameday atmosphere. FSU week at home is always the big recruiting weekend

That stadium will be full of FSU fans.

Won't be a good look at all for the Canes.

Recruitment always goes dead during the season, even for high school kids. It just isn't much time for everything. I doubt it is being sabotaged or that we are not trying, it's just like every other school out there, just not very active or enough time.
This is not true, yes every school has their down time but the schools that are winning, are consistently getting commits. The kids are on the deciding factor on the schools they want and if FSU is winning and we look mediocre they will just pull the trigger for FSU because they see immediate results.with the increasing amount of Early Enrolling the season is crucial I have seen Kids commit to Miss St. , Ole Miss in the last two weeks because of the wins they have. Where we haven't look good on national tv yet and it's showing in our commits and decommits.

Lot of recruits use lame excuses or logic when commiting to schools but something is sure they do recognize a dumpster when they see it. Why a defensive recuit want to come here? Give me one valid reason? Even if Golden stays here they know as well as any new defensive staff coming that they are sitting ducks. There is no hope.

Advertisement
Golden needs to wake the **** up and the the **** on ALL these kids: Redwyne, Fenton, Shelton Johnson, Hoggins, Khaliid McGee, Talan. It's not too late for them, but it will be soon. Sick of chasing ******* pipe dreams. Those kids might not "fit the mold" but I guarantee you they would make the defense meaner.

Sucks real hard to sit back and watch this team get run in to the ground and not be able to do **** about it.

All these DB's are not a good fit for Golden system, they play all their lives coming forward not backpedaling and giving the receiver or the ball handler 10 yards of cushion and then try to tackle and guessing where they are going.

Advertisement
Pete last "Work" clearly said Irving is looking more and more like a Gator. That he like the coaches and of course the defense better!

Are you surprised?

Pete is keeping a low profile to keep his inside access.

They've quit on recruiting just like Shannon and his staff did. Pathetic.

- Haven't gone to see Tim Irvin play once this season, which has apparently ****ed him off. And he has no interest in playing for Golden/D'Onofrio/Williams because of course he doesn't.
- Joseph Wicker hasn't heard from the staff at all. Probably because he's a perfect three-technique in a 4-3 and might not be able to frog stance properly.
- Still no offer for Ronnie Hoggins or Rashad Fenton, which is inexcusable.
- Claude George decommits and we don't seem to be in the picture for any other LB.
- Zero recruiting buzz whatsoever on either side of the ball.

The good news is the next staff will have plenty of time to surround Shaq and Pinckney with plenty of defensive studs for 2016. But in the short term, we're in trouble for 2015. No way to sugar coat it.

You didn't know they/re to busy working the NJ pipeline

Advertisement
Back